AMITYVILLE TERROR (2016)

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: AMITYVILLE TERROR (2016)

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote: Never said but meant sir. You cant get away making fun of a movie not being original by comparing it to The Conjuring - perhaps the most non-original horrror of the last ten years.
I was not trying to get away with anything, mainly because I am entitled to my opinion and I really have nothing to hide in which to get away with. You seem to be the only one with the issue of my statement. Which is yours alone to own. Time to build your bridge.
You are disrespecting the film. No need to get upset, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything.
On that we agree - I was disrespectful mainly because it doesn't deserve respect.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
I was not trying to get away with anything, mainly because I am entitled to my opinion and I really have nothing to hide in which to get away with. You seem to be the only one with the issue of my statement. Which is yours alone to own. Time to build your bridge.
You are disrespecting the film. No need to get upset, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything.[/quote]

Your disrespect doesn't serve you or the franchise. We may have new fans come to this forum on the back of enjoying that film. We should be embracing them.

Currently I'm like one of the three ppl keeping this place alive and you should hold the Amityville name in a positive light rather than darken it further
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:
You are disrespecting the film. No need to get upset, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything.
Your disrespect doesn't serve you or the franchise. We may have new fans come to this forum on the back of enjoying that film. We should be embracing them.

Currently I'm like one of the three ppl keeping this place alive and you should hold the Amityville name in a positive light rather than darken it further[/quote]

Who are the other two?
- Brendan72

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:

Currently I'm like one of the three ppl keeping this place alive and you should hold the Amityville name in a positive light rather than darken it further
Who are the other two?[/quote]
Can't remember because it's been a while since they posted. Like I said the forum is dying.

But no offence meant by this, but you're not one of them.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote: Can't remember because it's been a while since they posted. Like I said the forum is dying.

But no offence meant by this, but you're not one of them.
And none taken in that my interest is not as involved as it used to be. We all have busy lives as you could understand. But I still visit this site almost daily to see what posts have come on and admittedly it is not like it used to be.
- Brendan72

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 pm

That is for sure. :cry:

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:07 am

With a lack of new information it’s natural that activity at the board will slow down.

As far as the new films, I haven’t seen them and I’m not sure I’d want to. I am not too crazy about modern ghost movies, they aren’t directed in a way I like.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Was kinda intrigued about this movie... so I watched it this week.

Oh dear... it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen but slapping "Amityville" on it just made me laugh out loud. It hasn't got even the slightest link to Amityville, it could be set ANYWHERE. The movie itself made little sense either, countless people mysteriously dying or disappearing every few months after occupying the same house, and nobody outside the town suspects anything fishy? Okay then... Lol!

Say what you like about The Awakening but it did a pretty good job of tying it's own (fairly poor) storyline to the Amityville legend. Plenty of nods to the original movie and even Amityville 2. I got a kick out of those at least! Oh and the house... cause let's face it that iconic movie house was the REAL star of the first three movies!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:59 pm

I take it you were bored over the holiday huh?
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:10 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:I take it you were bored over the holiday huh?
A rebellion against being made to watch Home Alone for the millionth time.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:32 pm

A good point however you're hitting below the belt
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:59 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
They should do a Home Alone remake in the Amityville house.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:49 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:
They should do a Home Alone remake in the Amityville house.
Hmmmm... I'm going to write a plot summary for that. More of another sequel idea than a basic remake.

"Kevin McAllister is all grown up now and has a family of his own. A few weeks after moving in to their new home on Ocean Avenue in Amityville, the family set off to spend Christmas with Kevin's brother Buzz in California. Disaster strikes as history repeats itself, they have left their 9 year old daughter Kirsty home alone! While a horrified Kevin battles to get back to his daughter, Kirsty realises she is not as alone in the house as she first thought..."

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:04 am

Don't forget to slap the heading ("A True Story") on the cover, you will have people believing it.
FIRE THAT THING UP!