She hears voices in her head...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

She hears voices in her head...

Post by Architect of light 75 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:47 am

Hey guys :P

How are you doing?

Last week I met a lady (she must be around 52) who hears voices (in her head only, nobody around her can hear them). She also told me that she has been physically touched on her body when laying down on her bed. She also experienced doors slamming & stuff falling around her. She asked me for help.

I spent 2 hours talking to her. I believe she's sane but maybe very credulous.

Have you experienced anything like that yourself?

Have a nice day.

Arch'
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: She hears voices in her head...

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed May 25, 2016 7:52 am

she asked you for help? what are you planning on doing? maybe the real question at hand is who is really "sane" here?
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:58 am

jimmysmokes wrote:she asked you for help? what are you planning on doing? maybe the real question at hand is who is really "sane" here?
Happy to read that Victoria Principles has new friends.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed May 25, 2016 8:17 am

thanks for the compliment. now, can you answer the question?
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed May 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:Hey guys :P

How are you doing?

Last week I met a lady (she must be around 52) who hears voices (in her head only, nobody around her can hear them). She also told me that she has been physically touched on her body when laying down on her bed. She also experienced doors slamming & stuff falling around her. She asked me for help.

Have a nice day.

Arch'

Has she been smoking some funny stuff?

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Wed May 25, 2016 1:21 pm

How are you doing?

Have a nice day.

Arch'
When I've encountered people like that, they are usually suffering from a mental illness/condition that they cannot afford to treat (or won't treat). Re: physical touching experience while she is in bed, it's likely that she is suffering from sleep paralysis. Regarding doors slamming and stuff falling...that stuff happens in my house. But I do live in an old house on a faultline, and the floors are a bit wonky as a result. Doors slam when the wind blows even just a little and stuff falls when people walk by. There was a death in my house (before we moved in) and I do think we might have some sort of ghost/energy in our house, but the energy is pretty mellow. Mostly our house is just old and 99.9% of anything weird that goes on there is due to the house not being entirely level/being drafty/being on a fault. Or at least that's what I tell myself, lol!

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed May 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Hearing voices in the head sounds like schizophrenia. You say you think she seems sane so maybe if she feels like she is being haunted, she should contact a paranormal team to come out and investigate for her.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Wed May 25, 2016 5:03 pm

You can also hear voices if you are bipolar or in some cases suffering from psychosis. Even people without a history of mental illness can hear 'voices' from time to time for instance, during sleep paralysis or night terrors where you are in that period between not being awake but not being asleep either, or just as you are about to fall asleep.

Sometimes if I have been in a busy room or listening to music all day I will go to sleep with a song stuck in my head (I do or recall being in a room with loads of background voices.

I think there has to be some leeway, if she's not got a history of mental illness but believes in spiritualism etc that could be a part of her beliefs and therefore not seen as a mental illness by some psychologists/psychiatrists. It may be that she needs to seek out spiritual assistance but that being said, mental illness should not be ruled out either if its affecting her daily life.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Wed May 25, 2016 7:08 pm

How are you doing?

Have a nice day.

Arch'
Are you a doctor or along the lines of that profession?

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 am

jimmysmokes wrote:thanks for the compliment. now, can you answer the question?
You forgot to say please... (Bikers scene / Terminator 2: Judgment Day)

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:18 am

Victoria Principles wrote:

How are you doing?

Have a nice day.

Arch'

Has she been smoking some funny stuff?
Well actually I don't know her much. It was the first time I was meeting her. She told me she has been taking medicine for years and has big eyes when she speaks you know... :shock:

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:23 am

underthegarden wrote:

How are you doing?

Have a nice day.

Arch'

When I've encountered people like that, they are usually suffering from a mental illness/condition that they cannot afford to treat (or won't treat). Re: physical touching experience while she is in bed, it's likely that she is suffering from sleep paralysis. Regarding doors slamming and stuff falling...that stuff happens in my house. But I do live in an old house on a faultline, and the floors are a bit wonky as a result. Doors slam when the wind blows even just a little and stuff falls when people walk by. There was a death in my house (before we moved in) and I do think we might have some sort of ghost/energy in our house, but the energy is pretty mellow. Mostly our house is just old and 99.9% of anything weird that goes on there is due to the house not being entirely level/being drafty/being on a fault. Or at least that's what I tell myself, lol!
Yeah I know what you mean.. I have to meet her again I guess. Doors slamming and stuff falling is very strange, but since those facts come from her mind... Thanks for your ideas.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:26 am

kathyM wrote:Hearing voices in the head sounds like schizophrenia. You say you think she seems sane so maybe if she feels like she is being haunted, she should contact a paranormal team to come out and investigate for her.
Thanks for your ideas. Schizophrenia maybe.. As I said, I only met her once. She was looking for answers, help. Her son never saw anything in their flat so contacting a paranormal person is maybe not what she needs.

I might see her again this week, I'll let you know guys.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:36 am

Rokiisun wrote:You can also hear voices if you are bipolar or in some cases suffering from psychosis. Even people without a history of mental illness can hear 'voices' from time to time for instance, during sleep paralysis or night terrors where you are in that period between not being awake but not being asleep either, or just as you are about to fall asleep.

Sometimes if I have been in a busy room or listening to music all day I will go to sleep with a song stuck in my head (I do or recall being in a room with loads of background voices.

I think there has to be some leeway, if she's not got a history of mental illness but believes in spiritualism etc that could be a part of her beliefs and therefore not seen as a mental illness by some psychologists/psychiatrists. It may be that she needs to seek out spiritual assistance but that being said, mental illness should not be ruled out either if its affecting her daily life.
Thanks for your points. Actually she never believed in any spiritual/biblical/religious things her whole life. She told me that now that she experienced thoses things, she do believes in Good/Evil, etc.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:38 am

horsysauce wrote:

How are you doing?

Have a nice day.

Arch'
Are you a doctor or along the lines of that profession?
No, I do volunteering to talk about many things depending on what people need. It is based on Christianity.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:29 am

Hey there,

So I met the Lady again. We spoke for about 2 hours. I'm pretty sure she's not 100% ligths on all floors.

She said she enjoyed having those voices actually, she does not want them to stop. So we're still friendly with her but she doesn't really want to be helped.

Voilà :P