Spend the night in Amityville...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Post Reply
User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Latest interactive image is added to Facebook page,parents room is nearly done. It can also be viewed on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/amityville76/34035134681/

Preview of the room -

Image
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Crash wrote:Latest interactive image is added to Facebook page,parents room is nearly done. It can also be viewed on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/amityville76/34035134681/

Preview of the room -

Image
Another question, how many rooms do you have to finish? Because it seems like you are really advanced.
PD: I love how you do the stairs and the main room is so good! :love:

User avatar
devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence
Posts: 694
Contact:

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by devilbustedinct » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Man that is some seriously awesome work. First time I'm seeing it. Amazing detail and atmosphere. Definitely creates realism with a hint of creepiness. Well done. Good look with your project, I would love to see a finished product.

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:42 am

LoverKoalas23 wrote:Another question, how many rooms do you have to finish? Because it seems like you are really advanced.
PD: I love how you do the stairs and the main room is so good! :love:
The only rooms totally empty are the playroom (AKA Alison's room) a bathroom and the boathouse. It's mostly just a ton of props and little things but that consumes time because there's so many unique objects and I have to fill every closet and drawer as well. There's the a couple of gameplay elements added such as triggers and the mechanics are in for exploration (picking up objects to look at them,unlocking doors).

It's making good progress at the moment for sure,I'm glad I remodelled the house since it's now a lot more accurate.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:12 am

Crash wrote:
LoverKoalas23 wrote:Another question, how many rooms do you have to finish? Because it seems like you are really advanced.
PD: I love how you do the stairs and the main room is so good! :love:
The only rooms totally empty are the playroom (AKA Alison's room) a bathroom and the boathouse. It's mostly just a ton of props and little things but that consumes time because there's so many unique objects and I have to fill every closet and drawer as well. There's the a couple of gameplay elements added such as triggers and the mechanics are in for exploration (picking up objects to look at them,unlocking doors).

It's making good progress at the moment for sure,I'm glad I remodelled the house since it's now a lot more accurate.
The Allison's room was a playroom?! wow i didn't know it.... well for be a free time project you are advancing fast! Good Job :clap:

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

It was Dawn's room,my mistake -the third floor gold wallpaper room.That room has no images from the Lutz time period that I've seen so I'm presuming they kept the wallpaper. I re-modelled that room so it just needs whatever toys/furniture and I guess I can do whatever I want with it (maybe use some of Dawn's furniture I think as if they kept it)
I should something to post in day or two I think,working on a few things at the moment.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:42 pm

I've playing around with the panorama images I produced and put them together into a 360 YouTube video.Best viewed full-screen in highest HD mode.
This gives an idea of direction it's heading,the next step being animating the camera and house itself for a game trailer. It's a much more complex / long process and since the house isn't totally finished not started working on that yet.

Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Crash wrote:I've playing around with the panorama images I produced and put them together into a 360 YouTube video.Best viewed full-screen in highest HD mode.
This gives an idea of direction it's heading,the next step being animating the camera and house itself for a game trailer. It's a much more complex / long process and since the house isn't totally finished not started working on that yet.

The 360 is so well done and the graphics are impressive........Talking about the graphics i know maybe you dont think on this right now but how you will optimize the game because i know Unreal Engine 4 is a demanding engine and with all that light interactions people will need a monster pc for run this game at least in 60 fps so i hope you will optimize the game well.

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 am

If the engine update doesn't sort the frame rate issue will have to rethink how to do the lights for sure,they are the only thing killing speed at the moment. Baking the lighting (like the images below) looks great but doesn't work with anything interactive like lights,doors/windows. I'm aiming for slightly higher end graphics,I know how to use Unity engine also but wanted it to look better than a standard Unity horror.

Image

Image

Image
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Crash wrote:If the engine update doesn't sort the frame rate issue will have to rethink how to do the lights for sure,they are the only thing killing speed at the moment. Baking the lighting (like the images below) looks great but doesn't work with anything interactive like lights,doors/windows. I'm aiming for slightly higher end graphics,I know how to use Unity engine also but wanted it to look better than a standard Unity horror.

Image

Image

Image
I really recommend you not use Unity, has very bad graphics and the engine is very bad optimized VERY bad. What i recommend is mix the lights if doesn't runs good, like when you enter in a room and turn lights on all lights of the room turn on (including small lamps) like i said try to do a mix or wait for the next update but PLEASE don't use unity is very bad engine and looks bad as hell

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Messing with various things in the project today but ended up making this just for fun,still all work in progress so it's a bit early but needed a break from modelling.


Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Crash wrote:Messing with various things in the project today but ended up making this just for fun,still all work in progress so it's a bit early but needed a break from modelling.


That teaser was so creepy....... good job! :clap: :clap:

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Crash wrote:Messing with various things in the project today but ended up making this just for fun,still all work in progress so it's a bit early but needed a break from modelling.


Dear Crash..... what is happening with the game? any update? i cant wait! :wall:

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Sat May 13, 2017 7:11 am

I've been taking a break from it for the last week (I'm only able to work on it between jobs) but the last but of progress on it was going good,the new version of the game engine is being previewed and should be out soon so will be updating to that and I was also working on the framerate which was finally getting better. The entire house model is all in place and updated aside from some details in the basement which need adjustments.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:40 am

Crash wrote:I've been taking a break from it for the last week (I'm only able to work on it between jobs) but the last but of progress on it was going good,the new version of the game engine is being previewed and should be out soon so will be updating to that and I was also working on the framerate which was finally getting better. The entire house model is all in place and updated aside from some details in the basement which need adjustments.
Oh thank god i believed that the game was not going in a good way :D

Amity Windows
Amityville Member
Posts: 19
Contact:

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Amity Windows » Mon May 15, 2017 11:33 am

I think your work is amazing! The amount of detail is second to none!



I just purchased the quarter-round windows from the 2005 Amityville Horror movie house!
I was fortunate enough to attend an estate sale at the Wisconsin mansion where they filmed the 2005 Amityville Horror movie. The iconic "eye" quarter-round windows were still in the attic and I bought them!

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Amity Windows wrote:I think your work is amazing! The amount of detail is second to none!



I just purchased the quarter-round windows from the 2005 Amityville Horror movie house!
Wow you really puchased that windows?! :shock:

Amity Windows
Amityville Member
Posts: 19
Contact:

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Amity Windows » Sat May 20, 2017 12:52 am

LoverKoalas23 wrote:
Amity Windows wrote:I think your work is amazing! The amount of detail is second to none!



I just purchased the quarter-round windows from the 2005 Amityville Horror movie house!
Wow you really purchased that windows?! :shock:
Thanks, yes they had the windows stored in the attic of the mansion where there movie was filmed. They are about 6 feet tall with the pieces of wall still mounted to them.
I was fortunate enough to attend an estate sale at the Wisconsin mansion where they filmed the 2005 Amityville Horror movie. The iconic "eye" quarter-round windows were still in the attic and I bought them!

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Crash wrote:I've been taking a break from it for the last week (I'm only able to work on it between jobs) but the last but of progress on it was going good,the new version of the game engine is being previewed and should be out soon so will be updating to that and I was also working on the framerate which was finally getting better. The entire house model is all in place and updated aside from some details in the basement which need adjustments.
Any news ? :(

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 141

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Crash » Tue May 30, 2017 1:13 pm

I haven't had a lot of time to work on it recently to be honest,was hoping I would be further ahead with it myself. Project is still on though,will return to it just lack of free time.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Crash wrote:I haven't had a lot of time to work on it recently to be honest,was hoping I would be further ahead with it myself. Project is still on though,will return to it just lack of free time.
Oh thanks i was really worried xD

Post Reply