New Canadian member + personal Amityville experiences

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Re: New Canadian member + personal Amityville experiences

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:50 pm

I figured out the whole deal with the 1920s plate photo "Grim reaper" figure...

It is extremely disgruntled with the corrupt Harding/Hoover administrations and high 1920s taxes and prices... not to mention, the market crash probably hit him hard too

That's all I got and I'm sticking to it :fp: TGIF

jecht
Amityville Member

Post by jecht » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
OntarioGuy1988 wrote:I'm open to anything- and if indeed true that is one hell of a story

What's the story about the child on the side of the figure? The child looks like more of a spirit than the figure, as th e child is translucent and the figure is solid.. when will you have the restoration done?

And could you post the full story involving the seance? Who exactly is that figure supposed to be? Looks a lot like the grim reaper.. is it supposed to be a native spirit?
I never even noticed the "child" until I posted a scan of the photograph on the internet about a decade ago. I had the plate in my possession, and had made several prints from it, for a couple years before posting the scan and was oblivious. Although I've since confirmed the "child" is indeed something on the plate, much as the primary figure is.

By the end of the summer, or in about three to four months the restoration process should be completed. Only a few labs still exist in the world that can do it, alas the demise of film. The one it is at in France is currently backlogged with work, thus the wait. Between insurance and restoration costs I'll have dropped nearly ten grand by the time the processes is finished.

The lady who gave it to me said the figure was a spirit that materialized during a séance that was held in the house. Apparently spiritualism was all the rage in Long Island up until the Great Depression. She told me her mother was present at the time and no one had any idea a figure was there but only an eerie translucent green glow accompanied by a peculiar high pitched buzzing sound like a hive of "angry bees". They never mentioned seeing anything but the green glow and buzzing, they had a camera to document their séance for fun and decided to snap a picture of the glow which persisted for over a minute. When they examined the plate that is what appeared. Allegedly it greatly frightened everyone involved once they saw the strange image. Catherine Moynahan, John's wife, wanted to move at once John however convinced her to stay by rationalizing they were building a new house the next year anyway and would move this one down the street.

According to my source John Moynahan loved the spot but Catherine hated it along with the children. Catherine always complained of a persistent feeling of coldness and dampness in the house. She often told relatives and close friends it "wasn't a good place" and felt at times she was being watched when John was at work and the kids were at school.
I wonder how much George and the owners HAVEN'T shared with us...I don't know if it was Rock or Victorian but someone mentioned that George told him/her that there is "much that hasn't even been revealed." It was on a forum posting here I saw a few hours ago--not sure if it was on this board or the Defeo sub-board here.
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:49 am

Oh most definitely- I bet you could write an entire book based on what HASN'T been revealed by all of the owners post-Lutz...

They wouldn't publicly talk about it so as not to draw any more attention to the house- but do you think in a house where 6 people were murdered plus where the Lutzes opened a vortex through practicing TM- the spirits would just go away in a few years?

I would bet everything I have that there is still activity today- but probably minimal. People who have psychic gifts get negative feelings about the house (without knowing the history)- the negativity is just there

I hope the DeFeos have found peace on the other side but wouldn't it make sense for them to come back and visit the house on certain anniversary dates that have significance to them?

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:58 am

Interesting too that when the Wilsons lived there, they would often have lights on in every single room of the house at night, when they were gone too. This was talked of many times by locals and other insiders.

Sure this is debatable as to why- maybe it's nothing at all- but it seems odd. Also it's so creepy that Brian lived there totally alone after his divorce (you couldn't pay me to be there alone)... many of the wealthy generational Long Islanders have been known to be occultists so I get the feeling there may be more to this story as well.... I also get the feeling the Cromarties could be occultists as well but this is just pure speculation on my part

jecht
Amityville Member

Post by jecht » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:16 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Interesting too that when the Wilsons lived there, they would often have lights on in every single room of the house at night, when they were gone too. This was talked of many times by locals and other insiders.

Sure this is debatable as to why- maybe it's nothing at all- but it seems odd. Also it's so creepy that Brian lived there totally alone after his divorce (you couldn't pay me to be there alone)... many of the wealthy generational Long Islanders have been known to be occultists so I get the feeling there may be more to this story as well.... I also get the feeling the Cromarties could be occultists as well but this is just pure speculation on my part
when was it said that the Wilsons left the lights on? if true, that's certainly new news. I don't remember this on the board ever and I've been here since 2004.

Interesting stuff re: the occultists and the Cromarties.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:44 pm

I remember reading an interview with an Amityville local where they said this was a frequent occurrence during the Wilson era

There may be mentions about that on here too, I will try and find it and if anyone else does please let me know

How do you upload pictures on here? I have a spooky picture in my files that someone took of the house at night from the Wilson era and the entire house looks like it is ablaze (also with some orbs present)

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:50 am

Maybe he was just concerned about people breaking in, even after all these years, and wanted to give the impression someone was at home?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Yes you may very well be right

However every single light in every room?

I have a picture of this, and its very creepy, you can see a face in it that looks like a screaming woman- and the woman kind of resembles Dawn in a way.

Is there a way I can upload this picture?

jecht
Amityville Member

Post by jecht » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:52 pm

I dream about the Amityville house sometimes, although I've never been to LI--I was in NYC but that's as close as I got.

I always wonder about the other families before the DeFeos, and even pre-Ronnie--were they affected by spirits and problems in the '60s? What about the Moynihans?

I think the theory about lots of Long Islanders being into the occult is interesting. True? I don't know. But in the northeast it's an old area and lots of generations have lived and have seen things...