New Canadian member + personal Amityville experiences

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

New Canadian member + personal Amityville experiences

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Hello everyone! I have been following the Amityville/DeFeo story since the mid-late 90s when I just in elementary school

I have also been reading this board for years and think you have a great community going here, even funnier when people bash each other on here and get into scraps! :clap:

I am in Southern Ontario, an hour outside Toronto and about 40 minutes from the US border @ Niagara Falls... just curious, are there any other Canadians here as well, especially from the area?

As mentioned, the Amityville case has been a near-obsession of mine for years, and I have been collecting many info and doing tons of research through the years. It's amazing especially in the past few years alone how so much material on Amityville/the DeFeos has appeared all over the internet; as opposed to how little material was available 10 years ago!

I have lots of info and insight I look forward to sharing with this community in my time here, and look forward to getting to know everyone on here

I am a believer in the haunting- however, and I think many haunting believers now can almost unanimously agree- while a haunting/paranormal activity did happen, Anson and Hollywood greatly blew it out of proportions)

It seems that some people who visit the Amityville House- who are more psychically-sensitive or clairvoyant than the average person- can feel the energy the still pulses from the house... I remembered reading a post on here where someone or some people had also mentioned this a while back with their own experiences/vibes about the house... some people feel tension, some more like terror.. but it really is no surprise with its long history and the amount of tragedy/violence that occurred within its walls that the home gives off negative vibes to those who can sense it.

Personally, I have always had abilities to sense spirits/the supernatural, however they aren't strong like some clairvoyants, they are generally on the weaker side.. I've seen ghosts since I was young and have experienced hauntings... as my grandmother once told me, given the fact we are descended from an 800 year old British family line, this is really not a surprise at all- rather something to be proud of (unless you are a total scardey-cat, right!).. however over the years ghosts don't bother me as much and I have learned not to fear them but learn to co-exist with them and respect them.

I finally got my life-long wish and visited Amityville the summer I was 15, in the early 2000s. We were in NYC but my mom decided to grant me my wish and journey over to Long Island to see the house.. all the houses in the area were historic and gorgeous, as summer was in full bloom and so were the gardens and trees on the streets.

My hopes of getting any pictures or going up to the house were dashed when, driving very slowly by the house, we realized a police car following us at a casual distance behind... my mom didn't want to stop and risk getting in trouble or ticketed- I'm sure our Canadian license plates were a major tip off that we weren't locals :roll:

Anyways- I could feel a change in the energy of my surroundings as soon as we got close to the house... it's so hard to describe it- the air almost felt denser and more tense, like if you're ever in a room with a bunch of students who are about to write an exam, and some people notice they can pick up on the tension in the room.

I believe that the house still sometimes (maybe not ALWAYS) reflects the negative imprints that have been left on it from the past.. While I believe (and really hope) that the DeFeos have all crossed over and found peace on the other side- I also think that sometimes they may come back to visit/relive old events that occurred there in the past(such as anniversaries of important dates to them).. I believe that- as much as the current owners like to deny it- that the house probably does have minimal ghostly activity still going on- very minimal and nothing like what happened during the Lutz's stay.

Question for you guys- have you experienced anything weird after visiting the house? any experiences?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: New Canadian member + personal Amityville experiences

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed May 06, 2015 3:56 am

Hey, welcome!
OntarioGuy1988 wrote:even funnier when people bash each other on here and get into scraps! :clap:
Glad to hear that - we're always worried it's chasing people away, and keeping them from posting!
It seems that some people who visit the Amityville House- who are more psychically-sensitive or clairvoyant than the average person- can feel the energy the still pulses from the house... I remembered reading a post on here where someone or some people had also mentioned this a while back with their own experiences/vibes about the house... some people feel tension, some more like terror.. but it really is no surprise with its long history and the amount of tragedy/violence that occurred within its walls that the home gives off negative vibes to those who can sense it.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Most people would probably says "of course you're going to "feel" bad vibes knowing it's the Amityville house", but I guess if someone like yourself was taken there blindfolded, you'd still be able to feel some tangible "energy"?

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Are there any more members from Southern Ontario or even Canada on here?

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Sat May 09, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm from Brockville, Ontario, Canada.
"You told me the house was saved now."

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Fri May 15, 2015 11:00 am

Hamtramck, Michigan here--which is just a 10 minute ride and a bridge over the Detroit river to Canada! Welcome, friend. As for your question...I've been to the house twice and the only change in the air I felt was my heart beating faster because I was so utterly excited to finally see the house in person.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sat May 16, 2015 12:38 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Are there any more members from Southern Ontario or even Canada on here?
I'm from Windsor Ontario but I don't look to advertise that in a global forum.

New York is not high on my list for potential vacation spots and I've never been anywhere near Amityville.

I have taken several ghost tours and have been in many reputedly haunted places in Ontario and Québec, both with and without prior knowledge of that reputation. The only time I ever felt anything or had any experience was in a place that had no haunted reputation, namely Carleton University.

Here is a list of supposedly haunted locations in Canada, many of which are open to the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_re ... _in_Canada

I'm wondering if you have also been to these places, maybe without knowing their repute, and experienced nothing like I did.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:32 am

great to meet you all! :clap:

DC Fan, that is very cool. To answer your question, i have been to MANY as well, looks like we've seen a few common places

I stay at the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa when I'm up there, and its super haunted. The builder of it went down on the Titanic and never got a chance to see the hotel's grand opening in 1912. His ghost was one of many there, and I experienced lots of things in that hotel. Was even more interesting when I would go on independent ghost walks of the hotel in the wee hours, although the staff weren't too impressed about it... ;)

I go on ghost tours of buildings in my area as well, went on one in March to the most haunted building in Hamilton, an old Customs House which has 20 ghosts, including a ghost cat. The Dark Lady is their most prominent ghost, and she and the others were alive the night we went for the tour... tons of crazy activity

I've been to Carlton once, when I was up in Ottawa visiting friends. Huge, beautiful campus. I got the sense there may have been the ghost of a student(s) near one of the residence buildings- someone who has died but wants to relive their university days and has a strong emotional attachment to that place. What was your experience?

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:I've been to Carlton once, when I was up in Ottawa visiting friends. Huge, beautiful campus. I got the sense there may have been the ghost of a student(s) near one of the residence buildings- someone who has died but wants to relive their university days and has a strong emotional attachment to that place. What was your experience?
My experience at Carleton, and my reluctance to make too much of it, is on the board on the subject of "Stigmatized Property" at pages 3/4 in here:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... 2&start=63

I believe the Fifth Estate episode link may no longer be available. You may have to search the CBC site. Information about Nadia Kajouji is available elsewhere. I rented the same dorm room for a few nights as a tourist about 17 months after she killed herself jumping off the nearby railroad bridge.

If you visited Carleton prior to March of 2008, any experience you may have had would be unrelated to this.

Still I'm wondering if you ever visited some place, not knowing it was supposed to be haunted, and experienced nothing.

BTW: Chateau Laurier must be very expensive and they want nothing to do with ghost tourism. For more bang for the buck and a more accepting staff, consider the youth hostel on the other side of the Rideau Centre, which used to be the jail where last person to be executed was hung. It is part of one of the ghost tours.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:35 pm

I've been to a few places that I had no prior history knowledge of and instantly got readings.

New Years Eve 2009 we partied at a friend's Victorian home, it was built at the turn of the century. Going upstairs to relieve myself several rounds into some drinking game, I got the sense upstairs of a feminine energy and it felt panicked, heavier essentially. I also got the sense someone had died in one of the rooms on the upstairs floor. My gf at the time who had no psychic gifts also felt something, she said she didn't feel comfortable at all upstairs, she felt sketched out and as if something bad was about to happen. After we went downstairs she returned to her usual happy self.

I learned later after inquiring into it that in the 1930s a young woman was raped and strangled upstairs in one of the bedrooms... ghostly things happen there to this day and my friends weren't the least bit surprised to hear what I told them, in fact they expected me to :)

I get similar things like that happening quite often to me... Death is everywhere, and as a result, earthbound spirits are everywhere too.

Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Post by Baphomet666 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:19 am

Its good to know that Im not the only non-skeptic on this board.I thought I was going to be labeled John Foland no. 2.
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 am

I'm also a non-skeptic, I've talked to both George and Chris Lutz and met the former several times before his death. I found both to be genuine. From them, especially George, I learned about many facets of this case the general public has little or no knowledge of. In fact I possess a Kodak photographic plate from the 1920s' that purports to show a hooded figured materializing at the pervious house which stood on that plot of land during an alleged séance. I've had the plate authenticated and I'm now paying for the laborious, and costly, propose of having it fully restored, so as to provided a much clearer image of what it contains. Can I prove it was take on the property nope, but I have proven the image isn't the result of a defect and that it was indeed taken during the early to mid-1920s.

http://amityville-horror.wikia.com/wiki/Hooded_Figure

BTW I didn't added that circle and the "kid" caption lol
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed May 20, 2015 3:40 pm

process* and * taken not propose or take lol
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:23 pm

I've seen that photo here in another thread a while ago.. Personally it looks like a skull mask and you can see the figure's feet as well.. not sure where/why the purported image of the kid beside him fits in, but I'm not sure I buy into that.. where exactly did you get the photo from?

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 pm

I used to co-administer a website dealing with the Bermuda Triangle years ago. I mentioned by interest concerning the Amityville case on the now defunct associated message board there. Shortly thereafter I received an e-mail from an older woman (about seventy at the time) claiming to be a niece of John Moynahan (who bought the land from Annie Ireland). I met with the woman several times (this was 2003 I believe). She eventually gave me this photographic plate that she stated belonged to her late mother who was John Moynahan's sister. She told me the séance story and furthermore that the Moynahan family thought the house was haunted which is why her cousin Eileen's family wouldn't live there upon the deaths of elder Moynahans selling it instead to the unsuspecting Reilly family. I begged her to go public, but she told me point blank she couldn't because of family pressure.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm open to anything- and if indeed true that is one hell of a story

What's the story about the child on the side of the figure? The child looks like more of a spirit than the figure, as th e child is translucent and the figure is solid.. when will you have the restoration done?

And could you post the full story involving the seance? Who exactly is that figure supposed to be? Looks a lot like the grim reaper.. is it supposed to be a native spirit?

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:I'm open to anything- and if indeed true that is one hell of a story

What's the story about the child on the side of the figure? The child looks like more of a spirit than the figure, as th e child is translucent and the figure is solid.. when will you have the restoration done?

And could you post the full story involving the seance? Who exactly is that figure supposed to be? Looks a lot like the grim reaper.. is it supposed to be a native spirit?
I never even noticed the "child" until I posted a scan of the photograph on the internet about a decade ago. I had the plate in my possession, and had made several prints from it, for a couple years before posting the scan and was oblivious. Although I've since confirmed the "child" is indeed something on the plate, much as the primary figure is.

By the end of the summer, or in about three to four months the restoration process should be completed. Only a few labs still exist in the world that can do it, alas the demise of film. The one it is at in France is currently backlogged with work, thus the wait. Between insurance and restoration costs I'll have dropped nearly ten grand by the time the processes is finished.

The lady who gave it to me said the figure was a spirit that materialized during a séance that was held in the house. Apparently spiritualism was all the rage in Long Island up until the Great Depression. She told me her mother was present at the time and no one had any idea a figure was there but only an eerie translucent green glow accompanied by a peculiar high pitched buzzing sound like a hive of "angry bees". They never mentioned seeing anything but the green glow and buzzing, they had a camera to document their séance for fun and decided to snap a picture of the glow which persisted for over a minute. When they examined the plate that is what appeared. Allegedly it greatly frightened everyone involved once they saw the strange image. Catherine Moynahan, John's wife, wanted to move at once John however convinced her to stay by rationalizing they were building a new house the next year anyway and would move this one down the street.

According to my source John Moynahan loved the spot but Catherine hated it along with the children. Catherine always complained of a persistent feeling of coldness and dampness in the house. She often told relatives and close friends it "wasn't a good place" and felt at times she was being watched when John was at work and the kids were at school.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:43 am

I hope that you go public with this after the work on it is done- especially if it has indeed been authenticated like you say. This could add a whole new dimension to the case

What will the photos look like/what will be different once the work is done?

Question- the photo was taken in the original house down the street from 112/108, and this house was relocated to 112 and then soon after demolished to build the current Amityville house, am I correct? If so this would probably mean the land belonging to the original house was haunted and not 112.. so if there was something it probably followed them there or was already on the land at 112

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Fri May 22, 2015 3:30 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:I hope that you go public with this after the work on it is done- especially if it has indeed been authenticated like you say. This could add a whole new dimension to the case

What will the photos look like/what will be different once the work is done?

Question- the photo was taken in the original house down the street from 112/108, and this house was relocated to 112 and then soon after demolished to build the current Amityville house, am I correct? If so this would probably mean the land belonging to the original house was haunted and not 112.. so if there was something it probably followed them there or was already on the land at 112
As for what exactly the photographic plate will show once fully restored, I'm as anxious to learn that as everyone else is. Look at the detail present in old grainy movies when you properly upgrade them to HD format, what I'm saying is much greater detail will likely be present in the plate itself and any new prints made from it.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question. Considering the subsequent history of the house however I'd wager the land itself was haunted rather than any structures built upon. Have you ever heard of elemental hauntings? I think an elemental entity or entities might have been the primary mover, so to speak, behind the occurrences. Here is a good reference to elemental hauntings -

http://www.pacificparanormal.org/index. ... &Itemid=54

*Note how many aspects of the Lutz case fit neatly into the Earth and Air elemental haunting symptoms.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri May 22, 2015 4:07 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Question- the photo was taken in the original house down the street from 112/108, and this house was relocated to 112 and then soon after demolished to build the current Amityville house, am I correct? If so this would probably mean the land belonging to the original house was haunted and not 112.. so if there was something it probably followed them there or was already on the land at 112
No, I think it was taken in the original, smaller house at 112... That house was then moved a few blocks away, and the Dutch Colonial built in its place.

The original house is still there, and when it was put on the market a few years back we tried to see if its interior matched the with plate from pics online. Of course, with any house that's been redecorated/remodelled over the years it wasn't exactly conclusive.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:22 pm

very interesting! please post the plates when the restoration is done, I cannot wait to see that

I wonder if those evil spirits have anything to do with the red-eyed spirit that the psychic Marie St Claire saw in her vision of the house and that eventually evolved into Jodie in the Hollywood version.. we'll never know will we? She felt the red-eyed spirit wasn't evil, just very troubled, so it's possible it was just one of the DeFeos who was least accepting of death(Ronnie Sr? Dawn?)... or if not, something much older and more sinister than that?...

I certainly would get too creeped out to be by myself in that house, even today. Brian Wilson definitely gets an award for bravery.. Perhaps he is just not sensitive to that kind of stuff so that he wouldn't even notice if small minor things occur.

Another thing I wonder is why Wilson's wife left him because she couldn't "stand to be in the house any longer"... was it tourists or something else, you figure? all these questions but no answers... :cry:

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat May 23, 2015 12:56 pm

I've heard many stories about the property and house over the years that have been chilling, to say the least. Another interesting claim made to me by multiple people is that the neighborhood kids use to collect Indian arrowheads on the property up until the Reilly Family bought the house in 1960, and put an end to the practice. Three separate individuals, all older men and women, told me that when the foundation was dug for the current house such a large amount of artifacts, along with a couple dozen musket balls, came to light that everybody in the neighborhood took one or more home. I've been shown some of these artifacts (mostly stone weapons and tools) and can tell you they are very interesting to put it mildly.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999