Amityville 4 - And then...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
antny000
Amityville Addict

Amityville 4 - And then...

Post by antny000 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:10 pm

I don't think I've ever seen this discussed or brought up, and this question has always crossed my mind when watching the movie.

What happens after Father Kibbler and Alice leave the house to go back to Helen's funeral and the family stays behind? Clearly at first we're left to think "it's over" but then we find the the kitty cat is now possessed(?).

What do you think happened to them? I always hated that cliffhanger because I always wanted to know lol
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Re: Amityville 4 - And then...

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:05 pm

It's been so long since I've seen that movie I can't even remember. Did you look at IMBD? Sometimes they have good plot summaries and FAQ's and also you could ask the question there at the message board or see if it's discussed there.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:19 am

I've never seen Amityville 4 ....

... now life has lost all meaning ...
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:13 pm

This film has an odd, mysterious side to it that I will perhaps never fully understand. I really liked it for its weird Murder She Wrote atmosphere. I even spent days trying to find the house on Google Maps and contributed on IMDB when I discovered it and found others had additional info about the movie. Aron Einsburg and the girl who played the elder daughter did not wish to talk about how the movie was shot.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:45 pm

I remember you posting on the IMDB board, it's a shame they don't want to talk about it.

Did you get any response at all or was it just nothing?

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 pm

That's odd that they wouldn't want to talk about the filming. If I were in a movie, I'd be glad to talk about it with the fans.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 am

Most of the time, big name stars avoid earlier roles they had in horror films - Kevin Bacon was in Friday The 13th, Johnny Depp was in A Nightmare On Elm Street, etc... and they pretty much never talk about those movies.

However, these aren't exactly big name actors. I've only seen Aaron Eisenberg in two other things (one of the "Puppet Master" movies and an episode of "Tales from the Crypt") and Zoe Trilling I just recently saw in "Dr. Giggles".

I wonder.

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:40 am

Now here's a fun topic.

Throughout the movie, I always felt Nancy kept looking at her mother with an "I wish you'd kick the bucket so I can inherit this big house" look on her face.
"You told me the house was saved now."

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:31 am

lol well her mother was constantly accusing her and her kid's for what was going on in the house, so I can't blame Nancy if she felt that way lol

I liked the family and remember when I was younger, I would always say "Oh no, I hope they're going to be ok!" when the movie would end with the cat and it's red eyes lol

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:54 pm

This is the scene that still scares me. Anytime I need to reach into the disposal in my kitchen, I never take my eyes off the switch.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 am

Evil lamp or not, I don't think I'd be sticking my hand down a garbage disposal without switching off the breaker first.
"You told me the house was saved now."

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:46 am

I can think of a few horror movies that had scenes similar to this one (Halloween H20, Final Destination 2) but, I think this is the only one I've seen where the disposal actually ends up turning on when the persons hand is in there.

neversondaniel
Amityville Member

Post by neversondaniel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:44 pm

antny000 wrote:I don't think I've ever seen this discussed or brought up, and this question has always crossed my mind when watching the movie.

What happens after Father Kibbler and Alice leave the house to go back to Helen's funeral and the family stays behind? Clearly at first we're left to think "it's over" but then we find the the kitty cat is now possessed(?).

What do you think happened to them? I always hated that cliffhanger because I always wanted to know lol
Nobody will ever know.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:53 am

antny000 wrote:I can think of a few horror movies that had scenes similar to this one (Halloween H20, Final Destination 2) but, I think this is the only one I've seen where the disposal actually ends up turning on when the persons hand is in there.
Correction - I forgot, the "Last House On The Left" remake had a scene with a garbage disposal that was pretty brutal. Ick.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:52 pm

KevinW wrote:This is the scene that still scares me. Anytime I need to reach into the disposal in my kitchen, I never take my eyes off the switch.

Kevin
I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

Everytime I use the disposal at my house, I ALWAYS think of this scene.

Regarding the cat scene at the end, I wished that the next sequel could have been about that cat and what Amityville havoc it created wherever it ended up.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

NaughtybutNice
Amityville Member

Post by NaughtybutNice » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:24 am

I've always wondered myself. I like to think that the cat went off somewhere else to terrorize a new family. They just had to go and make that shitty The Amityville Curse without any explanation for the end of 4. I wonder what Patty Duke thinks of the experience of making that film.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:22 am

Perhaps there was the intention to do a sequel more aligned with the ending of A4, which may have been why it was written the way it was, but the project fell through.

Patty Duke's acting was one of the best qualities of A4 for me...as in the rest of her movies, it is top-notch, despite being a "made-for-tv" production.

A4 was my first "Amityville" film, so it will always hold a special place in my heart, lol.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 pm

One thing I've always wondered: How long did it take them to find the plumber?

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:56 am

KevinW wrote:One thing I've always wondered: How long did it take them to find the plumber?

Kevin
lol I've wondered this exact thing since I first saw the movie... I'm sure that basement had to start stinking up at some point if a repair person or second plumber didn't find him first.

UFAlien
Amityville Addict

Post by UFAlien » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:53 am

NaughtybutNice wrote:I've always wondered myself. I like to think that the cat went off somewhere else to terrorize a new family. They just had to go and make that shitty The Amityville Curse without any explanation for the end of 4. I wonder what Patty Duke thinks of the experience of making that film.
The Amityville Curse was made by a completely different filmmaking team/production studio and has nothing to do with the rest of the films apart from its setting and title. It was an Allegro Films production, whereas Amityville 4 (along with Amityville 1992) is a Steve White Productions film. Steve White also executive produced A New Generation and Dollhouse without using his self-named production company (heck, he even directed Dollhouse).

The original plan for the "official" Amityville 4 follow-up was to do a TV movie adaptation of the next book in the series, Amityville: The Horror Returns, which was about the Lutzes again and probably would not have followed the continuing adventures of the demon-cat. The back of the book boasts that it's "soon to be an NBC movie" just like The Evil Escapes was, so presumably they would've had Steve White make that one too, but it fell through for whatever reason. Maybe the ratings weren't good enough for The Evil Escapes.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Patty Duke died today. Sad news. :(

This is my favourite movie of the series.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."