The Welles House

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
kathyM
Princess

Re: The Welles House

Post by kathyM » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:10 am

So two of the owners (Bennett family and the last owner who sold the house) say it is haunted and all the other owners say it wasnt. That is strange.

I wonder if the last owner was stuck with a dumpy old house that needed work and couldnt get rid of it fast enough so he/she decided to create some excitement with a haunted house hoping to get a bidding war going? :think:

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 am

kathyM wrote:So two of the owners (Bennett family and the last owner who sold the house) say it is haunted and all the other owners say it wasnt. That is strange.

I wonder if the last owner was stuck with a dumpy old house that needed work and couldnt get rid of it fast enough so he/she decided to create some excitement with a haunted house hoping to get a bidding war going? :think:
Well the house sold for only $28,000 if they had a plan to say it was haunted, that didn't work out very well.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:11 am

I happened to watch some of the live footage over the weekend. I seen nothing out of the ordinary by any means but did however see countless orbs in front of a few of the surveillance cameras throughout the house. As far as their ghost box, I couldn't make out much at all listening through all the AM\FM frequencies all at once. It may have spirits lurking through there but not as bad as they claim. House was at a very low value because of its lack of attention to be upgraded to today's living standards and is also dead center of a rough neighborhood.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:42 am

Yeah, I am with you about that Amity108. I think the house is just not ideal, I dont think it is haunted.
I started to watch that live youtube thing too and got bored quickly. There was nothing exciting.

I have seen that squawk box used before on another ghost hunting show and boy is that thing annoying.

cwf081166
Amityville Member

Post by cwf081166 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:50 am

Hello I my self am a skeptic when it comes to claims of paranormal. Some people claims are truthful, But that doesn't mean every claim is true. I have had three experiences of that type in my life and I question them whenever they cross my mind.

I have watched these people on Youtube several times and question what they are about, But just because they did not get any evidence that night doesn't mean the place is not haunted. I did search the internet for more information about the house and their website and claims were the only ones I could find.

Sometimes we have to find out for ourselves, before we start believing every claim.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:26 am

I may go look at this house since it's on the way to a place in Pennsylvania I visit and stay at often.

neversondaniel
Amityville Member

Post by neversondaniel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

kathyM wrote:So two of the owners (Bennett family and the last owner who sold the house) say it is haunted and all the other owners say it wasnt. That is strange.

Doubt it.

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:16 am

Victoria Principles wrote:I may go look at this house since it's on the way to a place in Pennsylvania I visit and stay at often.
Victoria, be careful if you go there late at night. If you are going there, you might as well check out the Smurls house in West Pittston as well (prob a 15-20 minute drive). Much nicer neighborhood, plus has the book and movie based on it as well.

Out of curiosity, what town do you travel to?
www.AmityPhotos.com

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:34 am

AmityPhotos wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:I may go look at this house since it's on the way to a place in Pennsylvania I visit and stay at often.
Victoria, be careful if you go there late at night. If you are going there, you might as well check out the Smurls house in West Pittston as well (prob a 15-20 minute drive). Much nicer neighborhood, plus has the book and movie based on it as well.

Won't go there at night. Can't see anything plus the human demons may be out and lurking.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
AmityPhotos wrote:

Won't go there at night. Can't see anything plus the human demons may be out and lurking.
Yes I would be more afraid of the human demons in that neighborhood than the demon itself! :|
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:15 pm

Have you been in the neighborhood of this house?

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 am

Victoria Principles wrote:Have you been in the neighborhood of this house?
Yes I have actually but not down South Welles and haven't been there since the early 90s when I brought some friends to visit someone who lives around the block. It wasnt too bad during the day and back then wasn't that bad at night either (to me anyway since I've been through much worse in Philly). Now days you can only imagine and after reading about the neighborhood recently, it seems to have gotten worst.

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Just went onto my local newspaper site and saw this: 'Police probing shots fired on South Welles Street' - First thing I thought was this post. Gotta love our good old Wilkes Barre
www.AmityPhotos.com

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Sounds like people should be more afraid of the living people on that street rather than the ghosts in the house! :lol:

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:35 pm

kathyM wrote:Sounds like people should be more afraid of the living people on that street rather than the ghosts in the house! :lol:
Just as I've said before. :)

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:33 pm

My nasty neighbour told me two people had died in my house. The only
bumps I hear during the night are from him.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.