Paul Bartz

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Paul Bartz

Post by msmart112 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:49 pm

In the second interview with Laura DiDio from this thread...

https://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboar ... =1&t=12653

...she talks about Paul Bartz.

At the 24:20 mark...she says that no one knows where Paul Bartz is...and that she also heard a rumor that someone had once asked him about the "ghost boy" photo.

Sadly...Paul Bartz passed away in 2014.

Back in 2008...I found an article in this paper...

https://library.marist.edu/archives/the ... 85_2_7.pdf

...and it mentioned how on the night of the seance...Paul Bartz had gone into a second floor bedroom...

...so I decided to track him down and ask him about it.

I sent him an email on August 26, 2008 asking him about the photo...and here is his reply...

I am the same Paul Bartz that took part in the séance in the Amityville home some 32 years ago. I am convinced that we experienced an extraordinarily cunning and evil presence in the house, and attempted to verify it with photography and other means. The image in the photo you mention does resemble me and I know that Ed (now deceased) and Lorraine went on record (including national tv) stating it was a ghost. Because I have great respect and admiration for them, I will say no more on the issue, allowing the legend of the most haunted house in America, to continue. Someday maybe someone will write a book on our experiences that night. It would make a good movie.

Regards,

Paul Bartz
President
Windwood Theatricals
Windwood Productions

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Crap. Didn't know he died. Would have been nice to have him give a clear 'yes' or 'no,' even though there is no question in my mind...

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 pm

It's as close to an admission that we are going to get for several reasons.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 am

How old is this email now? People just reposting.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:32 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 am
How old is this email now? People just reposting.
Reposting because Laura DiDio bought it up in a new interview.

jecht
Amityville Member

Post by jecht » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 pm
It's as close to an admission that we are going to get for several reasons.
What are the reasons? I think he's saying a lot without saying much in the interview.
I also found it interesting one of the Duke researchers puked during the interview (not trying to be funny), Ed was told to never come back, and Mary Pasc. (an experienced parapsychologist) completely left the field of parapsychology.

I don't know for sure 100% if the haunting happened, but my personal belief is *SOMETHING* happened, enough to affect/alter the course of the lives of many.

For me, I don't have a personal connection to Amityville but there are times where I dream I am in the house and I am trapped--trying to escape. Or that it gets incredibly cold in one of the rooms. Same thing with the Smurl haunting--that one has affected me as well personally.
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am

Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am
Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
He only strongly hinted the Ghost Boy pic was really him, not that ghosts were not real. Also, it was just one Borley account he - for some reason - denied.

I don't think he would have stuck with the Warren's if they were, uh, just chasing ghosts...

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:30 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am
He only strongly hinted the Ghost Boy pic was really him, not that ghosts were not real. Also, it was just one Borley account he - for some reason - denied.

I don't think he would have stuck with the Warren's if they were, uh, just chasing ghosts...
He would if he were a fraud.

Since we know that it was HE that was the "ghost-boy", think it's safe to say that he wasn't a man that could be trusted! Certainly not inside the paranormal world. But you bring up a good point here. What reason would Bartz have for staying with the Warren's, other than a bit of "notoriety"?

Of course, I'd toss him within the ranks of DiDio. You have to read between the lines of these clowns to piece together the truth. Much like msmart's email regarding Bartz. Same as Laura and the podcast that was recently put up. While not admitting that the whole thing was a hoax, (or it was him in the pic), they both do their best to try and deceive the masses in believing that the nonsense they promote or are part of, is indeed legit. At the same time they'll continually piss all over much of the claims to leave one with a question mark.

Ain't fooling me though.