Amityville Addict

Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Crash » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 pm

I do not see how this one will be different concept-wise from The Amityville Murders movie released (the Dan Farrands directed movie). Sorry but I take this news with a huge pinch of salts.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 am

Sigh. It would take a great cast, great writing and some new angle to get me into the theater for this one. Frankly, I'd rather see Amityville 1674 at this point. "Loosely based on events that might have happened at the time, to people who may have existed, near(ish) the property that now contains the Amityville house."

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Enough with the hate.

Sat what you will but The Amityville Murders was one of the best horror films of last year. It may not have had the budget of Hereditary but it was almost as good.

Now if you changed your outlook to be positive, you may come out enjoying this.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm
Enough with the hate.

Sat what you will but The Amityville Murders was one of the best horror films of last year. It may not have had the budget of Hereditary but it was almost as good.

Amityville Murders was pretty dire, the same hokey, cheesy and silly "haunted house" rehash as the rest of the stuff out there which exploits the real brutal murder of 6 real people.

Not even one of the best Anityville movies.

Some things are not even worth being positive about.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Enough with the hate.

Amityville Murders was pretty dire, the same hokey, cheesy and silly "haunted house" rehash as the rest of the stuff out there which exploits the real brutal murder of 6 real people.

I said the same thing, you can go back and read my post for reference. The film is decent if you ignore some of the modern horror tropes.

The best since Dollhouse I said.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Enough with the hate.

I said the same thing, you can go back and read my post for reference. The film is decent if you ignore some of the modern horror tropes.

Uh uh... and the Nazis were not genocidal maniacs if you ignore all the Jews they murdered.

"If you ignore how crap and exploitative the movie is, it's actually good!" Basically?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:

Uh uh... and the Nazis were not genocidal maniacs if you ignore all the Jews they murdered.

"If you ignore how crap and exploitative the movie is, it's actually good!" Basically?
Sorry I don't follow... you are talking about Nazi's now? It really has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk nonsense, feel free to do so with yourself instead of derailing Crash's topic. Thanks!

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:

Sorry I don't follow... you are talking about Nazi's now? It really has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk nonsense, feel free to do so with yourself instead of derailing Crash's topic. Thanks!
Was making a simple comparison, that anything can be made to sound good if you ignore all the bad.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 pm

We definitely need more information on what exactly this movie is going to be about.

“This is a story that takes its jumping-off point from the true facts surrounding the Defeo tragedy,” La Scala said, “but also focuses on the human drama that took place inside a family as they were relentlessly stalked by a terrifying evil.”

Is this "family" they speak of the DeFeos or the Lutzes? If this movie is a back story for the DeFeos, the murders and then the Lutzes story retold in 2019/2020 I honestly think I'll pass.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:26 am

TC1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 pm
We definitely need more information on what exactly this movie is going to be about.

“This is a story that takes its jumping-off point from the true facts surrounding the Defeo tragedy,” La Scala said, “but also focuses on the human drama that took place inside a family as they were relentlessly stalked by a terrifying evil.”

Is this "family" they speak of the DeFeos or the Lutzes? If this movie is a back story for the DeFeos, the murders and then the Lutzes story retold in 2019/2020 I honestly think I'll pass.
It sounds like they're using the same formula as Amityville The Possession and Amityville Murders, that there was already something supernatural driving Ronnie to murder. In other words more haunted house shtick exploiting real murdered people.

Felix_the_Fox
Amityville Member

Post by Felix_the_Fox » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:46 am

And so another film is on the way.....personally i never want this franchise to die out.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:04 am

Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 am

Crash
Amityville Addict