Laura Didio on The Grave Talks

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Laura Didio on The Grave Talks

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 am

New podcast:
The Amityville Horror Inception: The Laura Didio Account

How did Laura and Lorraine Warren eventually get the phone to work through demonic interference?

What did the Amityville police department think of Lorraine Warren and Laura showing up asking or help from the chief of police?

What did George Lutz share about his experiences in the house with Laura, Ed and Lorraine Warren over dinner one night?

When Laura went into the house with Ed and Lorraine Warren on their first visit, what was felt and experienced by all?

Did the Defeo family furniture contribute to the negative energy in the Amityville Horror house.

Why was George hesitant to fully share the details of what was going on in the house with Ed & Lorraine Warren?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: Laura Didio on The Grave Talks

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 am
New podcast:
The Amityville Horror Inception: The Laura Didio Account

How did Laura and Lorraine Warren eventually get the phone to work through demonic interference?

What did the Amityville police department think of Lorraine Warren and Laura showing up asking or help from the chief of police?

What did George Lutz share about his experiences in the house with Laura, Ed and Lorraine Warren over dinner one night?

When Laura went into the house with Ed and Lorraine Warren on their first visit, what was felt and experienced by all?

Did the Defeo family furniture contribute to the negative energy in the Amityville Horror house.

Why was George hesitant to fully share the details of what was going on in the house with Ed & Lorraine Warren?
It should be titled- The Amityville Horror Deception, and I'll answer the questions for you.

1. Laura & Lorraine recited a prayer to St. Bell and the demons went away.

2. The never showed up asking for help (just like the Lutz door thing) from police dept.

3. How he planned to steal what Weber and given him for ideas to use for his Amityville scheme.

4. Laura felt nothing inside the first visit and the Warrens put on an act for the show.

5. No one has ever asked the furniture if it contributed to the negative energy so we can't be sure? :fp:

6. George was hesitant to share details because he had not worked out the entire story yet. Consequently never would either!
You better wake your A$$ up!

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:49 pm

I don't know if anyone else noticed but this interview contains a possible bombshell revelation. :shock: Starting at 36:00 Laura Didio appears to admit the case is a hoax and that Weber is telling the truth about his deal with the Lutzes. When prompted by the host Didio elaborates on the infamous Lutz/Weber audio recordings she claims to have heard in full.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:49 pm
Starting at 36:00 Laura Didio appears to admit the case is a hoax and that Weber is telling the truth about his deal with the Lutzes.
She's not quite going that far... otherwise she wouldn't have worked with them.

She's saying she recalls the Lutzes discussing the possibility of capitalizing on their story - maybe even exaggerating parts - before thinking better of it, and cutting Weber loose. As she says later, they didn't have to admit these conversations to her, and would not have done if the whole thing was a hoax.

Also, it's hard to say how good her memory is, as she also brings Kaplan and his "witches" into it, but I thought he came along separately after they stopped speaking to Weber?

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:38 pm

The thing is if they were willing to exaggerate their story with Weber how do we know their final account given to the public was true? I knew George and he always denied having ever agreed to exaggerate what happened. If Didio is being truthful, or correctly remembering what occurred, I think her words cast serious doubt on the validity of the entire Amityville Horror. I'll go so far as to say Didio might very well have put the final nail in the AH's coffin with her latest interview.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:38 pm
I'll go so far as to say Didio might very well have put the final nail in the AH's coffin with her latest interview.
Not even she's saying that!

You have to remember this was before the Lutzes were in the public eye, so how serious were they on the ideas Weber was knocking about? I wish Laura was a bit more clear on this. If we could hear the tapes ourselves, then we can hear what the context was.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:35 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:38 pm
I'll go so far as to say Didio might very well have put the final nail in the AH's coffin with her latest interview.
Not even she's saying that!

You have to remember this was before the Lutzes were in the public eye, so how serious were they on the ideas Weber was knocking about? I wish Laura was a bit more clear on this. If we could hear the tapes ourselves, then we can hear what the context was.
Perhaps you should take a look at what Judge Weinstein said. He said that the book was mostly fiction BASED on IDEAS from Bill Weber.

They took his ideas and ran with them! I'd say they were very serious, wouldn't you?

For those who need clarification, The Amityville Horror did not come from the Lutz's or Anson. It came from Weber!

And since the tapes are fiction, they would serve no purpose in any context...

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:35 pm
Perhaps you should take a look at what Judge Weinstein said. He said that the book was mostly fiction BASED on IDEAS from Bill Weber.

They took his ideas and ran with them! I'd say they were very serious, wouldn't you?

For those who need clarification, The Amityville Horror did not come from the Lutz's or Anson. It came from Weber!

And since the tapes are fiction, they would serve no purpose in any context...
Then why go to Weber? If you want a book written and published, would you go to a criminal defense lawyer to get it done?

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 am

I believe William Weber could have continued on with his book without the Lutz involvement. This was several years before High Hopes was published (1981), so any book written by Weber could have if published enjoyed some potentially substantial success. He could have gone the same style as High Hopes where focus was primarily on the crime and trial, or with reference to the haunting in the final chapter as he had mentioned.

Which makes me wonder whether Weber was really serious about the book or was this not realised until the Lutz haunting story went public and they approached him. But this was no secret, Weber admitting that he was interested in a book at that time but how seriously I can only speculate. I can only assume that the projected financial earnings would have made him interested.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:53 am

Think people are reading what they WANT to read from thay very vague message. :clap:
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:53 pm

DC Fan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 pm
If you want a book written and published, would you go to a criminal defense lawyer to get it done?
Just curious...why do you think that George and Kathy went to Weber?

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:53 pm
DC Fan wrote:
If you want a book written and published, would you go to a criminal defense lawyer to get it done?
The real reason, if there is one, other than the altruism of getting help for Butch? I suspect that they wanted to see if there were any stories Butch may have told his lawyer or something else that didn't come up at the trial. And the wine might loosen him up a little. The real reason might be on the tapes, to which we have no access.

If you believe what Weber says, it was HIS idea, not George's, to publish a book.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm

DC Fan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 pm
msmart112 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:53 pm
DC Fan wrote:
The real reason, if there is one, other than the altruism of getting help for Butch? I suspect that they wanted to see if there were any stories Butch may have told his lawyer or something else that didn't come up at the trial. And the wine might loosen him up a little. The real reason might be on the tapes, to which we have no access.

If you believe what Weber says, it was HIS idea, not George's, to publish a book.
Why help Butch? What purpose would it serve to their end? And what kind of "stories"? Do you mean ones that might match up with their claims (some of which Weber helped to invent) as to the devil (demons) in the house made him do it?

As to the wine, I thought Lorraine Warren said that George & Kathy didn't drink? They only had one bottle of wine that she saw. But oddly enough, Anson mentions that George woke up one night and had a thirst to quench, that could only be taken care of by a visit to The Witches Brew (Henry's Bar)? He proceeded to "slake" a few while there, and getting told of nightmarish visions (dreams) from the bartender about his visit once upon a time to the house and the sinister Red-Room. Redrum. Coincidence or just nice timing? Apparently George didn't have much regard at that time for his family's safety in the house when he trekked off to quench his non-drinking habit huh?

Yes, Weber's idea to publish a book! I wonder what the conversation consisted of with George & Kathy after finishing that night off with Weber when he departed, amongst themselves?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm
As to the wine, I thought Lorraine Warren said that George & Kathy didn't drink?
George told me he only drank beer. So he wouldn't have touched the wine that night.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Well, Weber says different here! https://allthatsinteresting.com/amityvi ... d-defeo-jr

And he states that it was them that approached him about a book. :think:

So what do we have here? I can't see much of any reason for them to approach Weber except for him to provide (as I stated already) some info on Ronnie to help support their claims of the demonic inside the house. As for this book thing, well, we know Weber had his plans for a book going already. George (later on) said he thought the book idea "absurd". Well, ok George, but you'd have to explain how you ended up with Prentice Hall (Anson) a short while later and convince me (us) on how the book idea was not absurd with the new gang?

What do I think? During their meetings with Weber, they agreed to a verbal book deal. He sent the contract, they reneged and took his "ideas" and mixed them with their own "stories" and went ahead with the absurd idea for a book with another publisher, etc.

If I tried to convince myself that George & Kathy were being truthful, I'd still find myself running into the same issues above here and finding that their stories and claims simply do not hold water.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm
Well, Weber says different here! https://allthatsinteresting.com/amityvi ... d-defeo-jr

While the article that you provided the link to does say that Weber claimed that George and Kathy approached him about a book...the link that the article offers as a source...

https://people.com/archive/cover-story- ... -12-no-12/

...doesn't make any mention of Weber having said that.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:09 am

msmart112 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:

While the article that you provided the link to does say that Weber claimed that George and Kathy approached him about a book...the link that the article offers as a source...

https://people.com/archive/cover-story- ... -12-no-12/

...doesn't make any mention of Weber having said that.
Good reply. The author of that article seems to have just assumed that Lutz going to Weber to write a book was what was meant by Weber and his lawsuit, which was actually a counter-suit by Weber as defendant.

But not only does Weber not say that in the underlying article meant to serve as documentation, Weber says in the History's Mysteries Horror or Hoax something along the lines of what I argue; that the Lutzes went to him know if there was more evidence.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
they agreed to a verbal book deal.
That's what Weber claimed after TAH had made millions. They denied it.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:56 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
they agreed to a verbal book deal.
That's what Weber claimed after TAH had made millions. They denied it.
I don't know about that one, Sherb. They may not have agreed to Weber's terms, but they may still have agreed to have Weber draw up a proposal. It appears that Weber knew where to send it to them even though they were not living at their address.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 pm

DC Fan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:56 am
I don't know about that one, Sherb. They may not have agreed to Weber's terms, but they may still have agreed to have Weber draw up a proposal.
It's possible.
It appears that Weber knew where to send it to them even though they were not living at their address.
That's because their meetings took place at Kathy's mothers house!

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Weber was never someone to trust though, especially as a lawyer who claims he was making up stories. Either way he is making up either the claim or if he told the truth, he still exposed himself as untrustworthy.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."