The Daily Smokes

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
User avatar
daiichi
Amityville Member
Posts: 75

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by daiichi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:38 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:10 am
daiichi wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am
That's precisely why they could NOT keep their stories straight. Some things probably really did happen, like the stained toilet bowls (probably from George taking a big dump and forgetting to flush)
Confirmed troll.

You can leave now.
What else am I expected to believe about a stained toilet bowl and flies? I've had stained toilet bowls in my lifetime, and one time an invasion of flies due to some garbage being neglected in the garage during the summer for a couple weeks. I think I briefly mentioned it in another thread recently. Basically, I don't see dirty toilets and flies as anything to do with paranormal activity. But since George and Kathy apparently did no investigation about the cause for either issue, we're left to draw our own conclusions. Perhaps my conclusion is a bit yucky, but it could have also been a range of other things. Such as the toilet sitting for weeks or months with no maintenance, or some garbage or dead animal hidden somewhere in the home attracting flies. Just a couple examples.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 633

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:58 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm
No interaction with the police while living inside the home either. I thought Kathy said the authorities checked out that front door who couldn't explain it? No cops were ever called to the house! Another one I got correct.
As I said before, they were fed up with dealing with all the people who'd turn up at the house all hours - no surprise to me they would deny even going there during the Lutzes time.

And there's a lot of second-hand stories in that article, plus the author thinks the DeFeo's were "drugged" :roll:
What would one anticipate when they came out with these claims? Newspaper articles and Weber conference, etc. The Cromarty's went through much worse than the Lutzes. And didn't the police testify in court during the lawsuits they never went to the house? The cat had already been let out of the bag by then on the haunting so did they better themselves after the book came out by going on tours and lectures and tv?

Interesting to mention, when I watch that Good Morning America interview it appears to me that Kathy is on something? Her eyes are glazed and she's very relaxed and she keeps interrupting George who keeps looking at her out of the corners of his eyes with an almost "cautious" look? The same look and feeling I get when I watch her in that Histories Mysteries interview.

A pot of George's coffee perhaps? From what I've learned of from the people that were living with and around George, it's not too far fetched.
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9796
Contact:

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm

daiichi wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am
But then the parts about floating beds, demonic pigs, ghostie marching bands and doors or windows getting blown out. The Lutz family made these up, which is why they kept changing details.
Which details do you recall changing?

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9796
Contact:

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:52 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 pm
And didn't the police testify in court during the lawsuits they never went to the house?
I'm not sure about that.
A pot of George's coffee perhaps? From what I've learned of from the people that were living with and around George, it's not too far fetched.
Ha, I'd forgotten about Kathy's sisters book with "warlock" George and his magical coffee. That's your favourite Amityville book, isn''t it? :lol:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 633

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:30 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:52 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 pm
And didn't the police testify in court during the lawsuits they never went to the house?
I'm not sure about that.
A pot of George's coffee perhaps? From what I've learned of from the people that were living with and around George, it's not too far fetched.
Ha, I'd forgotten about Kathy's sisters book with "warlock" George and his magical coffee. That's your favourite Amityville book, isn''t it? :lol:
Well, Danny said George could levitate objects with his mind and witnessed it too! Does that constitute a "warlock"?

Actually I've been going through your boys book right now. According to your boy, he seems to differ with your take on what possessions were removed from the house by those two friends of George's. He says that they moved furniture and clothing. With that in mind it's obvious that the Warren's and Company wouldn't have found the house in the exact state they left it? It seems that the food was donated to the Salvation Army.

And your boy gave a small paragraph to the unfortunate Benny. :cry: silliness

However in the same chapter it's revealed that Fr. Ray warned the family not to go back inside the house and take any of those belongings (that they got anyway)! This was due to the fact that those possessions might contain "infestations" of negative energies that inhabit the house? :fp: In other words, be possessed and I guess endanger the Lutzes further.

Right there is PROOF positive that this Fr. Ray Charlatan is a fraud!! The same church he supposedly belongs to states that "inanimate objects cannot be possessed". And it somehow doesn't mention why Fr. Ray wasn't aware of the forces inside the house followed them anyway, so why would it matter if they went back to house? Does this make sense to anyone in here? Yeah sure it does, a bunch of nonsense
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

User avatar
daiichi
Amityville Member
Posts: 75

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by daiichi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm
In the above link you'll find Kathy talking of her transformation into a "hag" one night while in the house. This starts around the 13:00 minute mark. Pay close attention toward the end of the segment around 13:40 to 13:44 mark. You'll see a smirk/smile break out on her as she tries to keep a straight face. Use your pause button too, and notice the eyes look side to side ending with an odd grimace trying to remain serious.

This is pure acting and she knows it.

We gonna break it down on this new thread. Let's get into it!
It does indeed appear that Kathy is struggling to keep a straight face here. She's clearly holding something back. But whether it's humor or something else is hard to say. This is one of those Lutz stories that I've always felt there's a grain of truth in. Probably Kathy woke up in the middle of the night, without any makeup on. Tired and stressed out over their finances or marriage, or whatever else was going on in their lives at that moment.

Imagine she has creases on her face from the bedding, she's drooling (hey, some people drool in their sleep, no big deal) and the lighting in the room is bad. And she's looking at her reflection in a mirror mounted across the room. Hey, anyone could look 10 years older in those circumstances. It's really not weird at all.

But then George tells her she looks like an old woman. Such a sweet, romantic guy. And what do they do next about her sudden and inexplicable transformation to a geriatric woman. Rush to the emergency room? No of course not. They stay in the house and do nothing. lol ok sure.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 633

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:14 am

Yeah, you noticed it too. At one point the camera cuts to Kathy in another scene and she has her head down, can't even see her face?

I don't know about them being stressed out over finances and such. Ed Warren made the astonishing claim that when the Lutzes left the house, they left behind $400,000 proving that this was indeed no hoax! :think: So if this claim is true then I suspect the Lutzes would have had no trouble with an $80,000 mortgage. Seems to me they could've just bought the house outright. And considering what they "left" behind in the house they only netted around $1,600 at auction?

I put this article up here once but you might not have had a chance to see it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Any of the things in this article sound familiar? :lol:
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

User avatar
daiichi
Amityville Member
Posts: 75

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by daiichi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:14 am
Yeah, you noticed it too. At one point the camera cuts to Kathy in another scene and she has her head down, can't even see her face?

I don't know about them being stressed out over finances and such. Ed Warren made the astonishing claim that when the Lutzes left the house, they left behind $400,000 proving that this was indeed no hoax! :think: So if this claim is true then I suspect the Lutzes would have had no trouble with an $80,000 mortgage. Seems to me they could've just bought the house outright. And considering what they "left" behind in the house they only netted around $1,600 at auction?

I put this article up here once but you might not have had a chance to see it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Any of the things in this article sound familiar? :lol:
Oh, absolutely. A lot of the people involved in the Amityville narrative were very impressionable, and allowed their personal biases about the paranormal to color all of their experiences related to that house. So yes, sleep paralysis is a perfectly reasonable explanation for some of George's stories and I've definitely considered that before.

One example would be his experience of lying in bed one night, and sensing the presence of a large, hoofed animal entering the room. He then "opened his eyes" and it wasn't there. So this is what normal, rational people would call a "nightmare". But to someone impressionable and prone to exaggeration, this wasn't a nightmare, but a REAL DEMON. It's completely asinine.

George and Kathy simply aren't credible people. I'm sorry to say that for everyone on here who want to believe this story and see the Lutz family as victims of some horrific supernatural experience. Perhaps they had other good qualities, and I bet it would have been real great to hang out with George and share one of his pots of coffee together. But let's keep in mind that this is a guy who blamed his arguments with his wife on ghosts. :?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 633

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm

That's another thing about their whole existence changed when they moved in. According to Danny & Chris, nothing could be further from the truth. It seems before they ever moved in, they were not getting along with George at all. They claim to have been abused beforehand and even had run away at one point. So this story of them being a happy family until they moved into the house is simply not true.

Also, I find it odd (so to speak) that when they went to look at the house with the realtor, they were excited about the home and believed it was going to be a "happy" home! No bad vibes or spooks when they visited the house and only when our Fr. Ray shows up when the Lutzes do does the activity begin.
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 633

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:53 pm

A desperate attempt to milk it for all they could. Unfortunately the court did not agree and accuses them of trying (solely) to tell more "tales", trying out another theory :roll: :lol:

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of ... note_ref_1

This is as good as it gets! I wonder if Chris Gugas could've helped them out here once again?
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

User avatar
daiichi
Amityville Member
Posts: 75

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by daiichi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm
That's another thing about their whole existence changed when they moved in. According to Danny & Chris, nothing could be further from the truth. It seems before they ever moved in, they were not getting along with George at all. They claim to have been abused beforehand and even had run away at one point. So this story of them being a happy family until they moved into the house is simply not true.
That's a good point... I watched "My Amityville Horror" years ago and remember Danny mentioning something about running away from home at 15? I'm thinking he said 15. I may be off by a year or two. But that seemed really odd to me. Kids don't run away from home at 15 unless there is serious abuse occurring. It brings all those fights and arguments that George and Kathy blamed on the ghosts into perspective.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 633

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:10 pm

daiichi wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm
That's another thing about their whole existence changed when they moved in. According to Danny & Chris, nothing could be further from the truth. It seems before they ever moved in, they were not getting along with George at all. They claim to have been abused beforehand and even had run away at one point. So this story of them being a happy family until they moved into the house is simply not true.
That's a good point... I watched "My Amityville Horror" years ago and remember Danny mentioning something about running away from home at 15? I'm thinking he said 15. I may be off by a year or two. But that seemed really odd to me. Kids don't run away from home at 15 unless there is serious abuse occurring. It brings all those fights and arguments that George and Kathy blamed on the ghosts into perspective.
No, the incident of running away was prior to them moving into the house, when they lived in Deer Park. George said something to the effect of, "if they didn't like the way he ran the ship at home, they could leave". So they packed up some of their toys & things and left. I think they were coaxed into going back by a neighbor.

But Danny running away in his teen years, yeah that was brought up in the movie.
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

User avatar
daiichi
Amityville Member
Posts: 75

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by daiichi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:03 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:10 pm
No, the incident of running away was prior to them moving into the house, when they lived in Deer Park. George said something to the effect of, "if they didn't like the way he ran the ship at home, they could leave". So they packed up some of their toys & things and left. I think they were coaxed into going back by a neighbor.

But Danny running away in his teen years, yeah that was brought up in the movie.
Deer Park... so that's when they were living with Kathy's mom temporarily? Maybe parenting was a little different in the '70s. I can't imagine just letting my kids run off because of some disagreement over house rules. I never heard that story. Maybe they just went to a neighbor's house to cool off for a few hours and came back? I hope that's the case. If I were in their shoes, I'd be worried someone would contact Child Protective Services. And CPS probably wouldn't pay much mind to a plea about the house being haunted, or that ghosts and demons are following them around and causing all the hijinks.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 633

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Recount of it here from the book.

https://wearethemutants.com/2018/01/24/ ... nson-1977/

The whole article (review) is very good. And you have to remember that this was the mid-seventies. It was a lot different back then to how it is now on how far parents could get away with child abuse. Nowadays you can't sneeze near a child.

Fr. Ray never visited the house again here. :rotate: Yep, which stories do you choose from? And that is indeed why we're here and the need for a forum.

I guess...
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

Post Reply