Lorraine Warren Dies at 92

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Re: Lorraine Warren Dies at 92

Post by underthegarden » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am
Probably her daughter and son-in-law will keep it open. Don’t they also have a newphew who is in the paranormal business?
Yes - his name is Chris McKinnell, and he's on Twitter (Facebook too, if you still have a Facebook account). Looks like museum won't open for a while, but perhaps wouldn't hurt to tweet him in a few months to see if there are any updates.

@ChrisMckinnell

For the many people asking, the museum remains in the family and is closed indefinitely due to new zoning laws. There are no plans to open it in the near future.

5:32 AM - 26 Apr 2019

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm

underthegarden wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Probably her daughter and son-in-law will keep it open. Don’t they also have a newphew who is in the paranormal business?
Yes - his name is Chris McKinnell, and he's on Twitter (Facebook too, if you still have a Facebook account). Looks like museum won't open for a while, but perhaps wouldn't hurt to tweet him in a few months to see if there are any updates.

@ChrisMckinnell

For the many people asking, the museum remains in the family and is closed indefinitely due to new zoning laws. There are no plans to open it in the near future.

underthegarden....

Chis McKinnell is Lorraine's grandson....not son-in-law. Tony Spera is married to Lorraine and Ed's only daughter, Judy.

And the nephew you're referring to is John Zaffis.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 pm

believer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm
underthegarden wrote:
Brooke Forrester wrote:

@ChrisMckinnell

underthegarden....

Chis McKinnell is Lorraine's grandson....not son-in-law. Tony Spera is married to Lorraine and Ed's only daughter, Judy.

Thanks! I couldn’t remember John’s name.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:09 am

believer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm
underthegarden wrote:
Brooke Forrester wrote:

@ChrisMckinnell

underthegarden....

Thanks, you are right! Doh! I had him confused with the nephew. In any event, looks like the museum won't be opening anytime soon.

daiichi
Amityville Member

Post by daiichi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:30 am

She and her husband had a very strained relationship with the truth, but they were an interesting part of the Amityville tale. I can say that much, at least.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:48 pm

daiichi wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:30 am
She and her husband had a very strained relationship with the truth, but they were an interesting part of the Amityville tale. I can say that much, at least.
Well, you wouldn't have believed it anyway, right?
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

daiichi
Amityville Member

Post by daiichi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:48 pm
daiichi wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:30 am
Well, you wouldn't have believed it anyway, right?
I mean, I kind of admire them in a way. They both had very active imaginations for adults and they genuinely enjoyed playing the part of ghost hunters in their make believe version of reality.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it and pretend that I respect their body of work or how they routinely took advantage of emotionally vulnerable people. But at least they had a shared passion and somehow managed to turn it into a career of some kind.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 am

The New England Society for Psychic Research Continues the Work of Ed & Lorraine Warren

Now, decades later, their legacy lives on through their son-in-law, Tony Spera, and his team at the New England Society for Psychic Research (NESPR)...
https://vivaglammagazine.com/the-new-en ... ne-warren/

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:24 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 am
The New England Society for Psychic Research Continues the Work of Ed & Lorraine Warren

Now, decades later, their legacy lives on through their son-in-law, Tony Spera, and his team at the New England Society for Psychic Research (NESPR)...
https://vivaglammagazine.com/the-new-en ... ne-warren/
Good to know!
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."