JimmySmokes thread of Going Nowhere...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: JimmySmokes thread of Going Nowhere...

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri May 17, 2019 6:02 am

And just where are the moderators at on this board? I've never seen one post on here or make an appearance since I've been on here. That's not how to run a board. Need people that care about the board and the topic (Amityville) at hand.

It's overdue for a change fellas! Thou needest jimmysmokes to moderate, no doubt about it. Someone who knows something and can lay it down in here. A good moderator can get this place jumping again!
We gonna break it down, let's get into it. No doubt about it.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri May 17, 2019 9:15 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:02 am
And just where are the moderators at on this board? I've never seen one post on here or make an appearance since I've been on here. That's not how to run a board. Need people that care about the board and the topic (Amityville) at hand.
That's definitely not you then right? Since your posts continually insult believers to the story. If not, it's derailing threads. I've only seen about one of your posts which was on topic. Your last post was making fun of Kathy for cracking a smile in an interview. :lol:
It's overdue for a change fellas! Thou needest jimmysmokes to moderate, no doubt about it. Someone who knows something and can lay it down in here.
More chance of Kathy Lutz making an appearance. Just sayin'.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri May 17, 2019 11:29 am

Yeah it definitely is me. My posts are not insulting to the believers. I'm simply breaking it down for them. You'd like for me to come on here and agree with you and your nonsense but that ain't happening. It's called the TRUTH Board! And in that dept, you have nothing to offer. And judging from your threads, you don't know much on the topic either.

And while we're on topics & threads here, take a look at this one! Like the name of the thread? Here's the kicker man, I didn't even start this thread. That's right! One of the admins did. As well as others on here, they stick my name on threads I didn't write. And I'm cool with it. They must like me? Thanks for your concern.

You say I insulted Kathy Lutz? Uh, take a look at what you said about her appearing in here. Sounds like you are mocking her?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Dan, I've been going through the transcripts like you told me to awhile ago. As they are supposed to pertain to what the Lutzes original claims were before Anson got involved, etc.

Hmm? These transcripts begin from interviews 1979 onward. They are largely not the original claims. In their original claims (before the book came out) there is no levitation, no door being ripped off or blown off but simply add-ons over time. Plus you mentioned that it appeared they made payments on the house till June/76 I believe? Laura DiDio said the house was repossessed by the bank making it clear they made no payments on the house, which is what I already thought (as well as others).

So we're back to square one.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri May 17, 2019 1:39 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 pm
Dan, I've been going through the transcripts like you told me to awhile ago. As they are supposed to pertain to what the Lutzes original claims were before Anson got involved, etc.

Hmm? These transcripts begin from interviews 1979 onward. They are largely not the original claims. In their original claims (before the book came out) there is no levitation, no door being ripped off or blown off but simply add-ons over time. Plus you mentioned that it appeared they made payments on the house till June/76 I believe? Laura DiDio said the house was repossessed by the bank making it clear they made no payments on the house, which is what I already thought (as well as others).

So we're back to square one.
Your lifetime wish of moderation is as dead and buried as Bin Laden kidda.

Several admins posted in this thread. How are they not mods? Your ignorance is staggering tbh. And the fact you insult Dan's intelligence shows what a clown you are. Away with you.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Yeah several administrators posted on this, two to be exact. I never said they didn't. And you might want to brush up on the difference between a moderator and an admin. It explains the duties of both right here on this forum.

I never insulted Dan's intelligence. I have corrected him on some errors. Your sad attempts to try and "recruit" him to your side are futile and ridiculous. He's not dumb. I realize you don't have anything of substance to add on here and you have to have others think for you. Your choice of an avatar speaks volumes! :lol: I have to admit I'm glad you remain on this forum. Other than your comedy why else would they keep you on here?

By the way, there's a new Amityville movie out. It's called "AMITYVILLE SUCKER"
Why don't you go have a lick

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat May 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Dan, I was going through the Rick Moran interview show you called into. Very interesting!

While you were doing damage control in the "Notes" section, you forgot to mention the key aspect to prove your points?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri May 24, 2019 9:13 am

Give me a list and I'll do my best.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Well you forgot to mention "there's room for doubt" & the "I don't totally believe it myself" line you use?

I just want to bring up a couple things without breaking it all down and keep it simple.

In Note 19- you quote Rick that Anson admitted to Rick that he used artistic license and exaggerated events. And why does Rick continue to treat the book as Lutz Gospel, being Rick is basing his argument on Ansons book rather than the original claims.

You are aware that the book was labeled a true story with the Lutzes name on it and sold to the public? And we all know that it was not a true story, (well some of us anyway) so from that stand point Rick's argument is not dishonest but rather what was sold to the public as true was! And while it's true that he might not have been quoting "original" Lutz claims it still doesn't hide the fact that they did put their names on this "true" story (book) and that makes them accountable regardless. Just like the press conference they attended with Weber but claimed they never called it. So? They were their with him and involved with him at that time! Of course they changed course (like they had a habit of doing) and split with him.

It's like Sherbetto and Mentally Ill in Amityville. If he's an Amityville "expert", one wonders why he got involved in that error ridden thing when he should know better? Maybe he didn't read the final print?

p.s. George once stated that Kathy never read the book. This was back in the seventies when they were promoting it. :think:
Does anyone find this odd? If what George said here was true, I think I know why.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Okay, as you said, let's keep it simple. I'll focus on what seems to be the main point of your post here, and later, after we've gone through that, we can return to one of these other points you mention. Though it is sometimes hard to understand exactly what you're getting at. I'll try.
jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:52 pm
In Note 19- you quote Rick that Anson admitted to Rick that he used artistic license and exaggerated events. And why does Rick continue to treat the book as Lutz Gospel, being Rick is basing his argument on Ansons book rather than the original claims.

You are aware that the book was labeled a true story with the Lutzes name on it and sold to the public? And we all know that it was not a true story, (well some of us anyway) so from that stand point Rick's argument is not dishonest but rather what was sold to the public as true was! And while it's true that he might not have been quoting "original" Lutz claims it still doesn't hide the fact that they did put their names on this "true" story (book) and that makes them accountable regardless.
This is a pretty minor point in that interview. But yeah, Moran has previously stated how he was told by Jay Anson about how Jay used artistic license in writing the book and had even exaggerated certain events and moved events around in the timeline to make for a more interesting book.

So right there Rick knows that he isn't reading "the Lutzes' story." He is reading "Jay Anson's exaggerated version of the Lutzes' story."

That doesn't stop Rick from holding up Jay's book and holding the Lutzes' accountable for its discrepancies.

And that is dishonest.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:33 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Just like the press conference they attended with Weber but claimed they never called it. So? They were their with him and involved with him at that time!
It's like Sherbetto and Mentally Ill in Amityville. If he's an Amityville "expert", one wonders why he got involved in that error ridden thing when he should know better? Maybe he didn't read the final print?
Well, with both of these issues it's all in the details -

Weber called the press conference when the Lutzes were losing interest in working with him - maybe even after they refused to sign his contract because Ronnie DeFeo signed it too.

They only attended because of his threat the press would come after them anyway - even via their kids - it was a bluff, but they had less than a day to think it over.

Now, you might not believe the Lutzes, and think they were up for that conference anyway - but there's more to it than them just being "involved with Weber at the time".

Also, if they happy to do the conference, why did they refuse all press interviews for days, weeks, months afterwards?

Mentally Ill in Amityville - the author arrived on this forum having already completed his book. People started buying digital copies and immediately reporting inaccuracies.

I had ordered a print copy, and by the time it arrived, the author had decided to take it off the market and deal with the corrections at some point.

I made notes as I read it - some of which had already been spotted - and sent him the list. Initially he was working on another project, and said his re-write would be months away, but upon getting the list he was eager to make the corrections, and gave me a PDF of the new version to go over, complete with my name in the new intro.

Now, as I had just read the book, and he wasn't planning on re-releasing it for a while, I put the pdf to one side... However, about 2 weeks later or so, he put the new version on the market anyway!

So no, I did not read the version with my name in it, although I'm still glad I helped clear up the errors in the first version.

To my shame I've still not read the final version - I think he had to pay every time he corrected the book, so this would be the "final" version anyway, even if I disagreed with one or two things. So if you still think they are some howlers in there, let me know!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 pm
Okay, as you said, let's keep it simple. I'll focus on what seems to be the main point of your post here, and later, after we've gone through that, we can return to one of these other points you mention. Though it is sometimes hard to understand exactly what you're getting at. I'll try.
jimmysmokes wrote:

You are aware that the book was labeled a true story with the Lutzes name on it and sold to the public? And we all know that it was not a true story, (well some of us anyway) so from that stand point Rick's argument is not dishonest but rather what was sold to the public as true was! And while it's true that he might not have been quoting "original" Lutz claims it still doesn't hide the fact that they did put their names on this "true" story (book) and that makes them accountable regardless.
This is a pretty minor point in that interview. But yeah, Moran has previously stated how he was told by Jay Anson about how Jay used artistic license in writing the book and had even exaggerated certain events and moved events around in the timeline to make for a more interesting book.

So right there Rick knows that he isn't reading "the Lutzes' story." He is reading "Jay Anson's exaggerated version of the Lutzes' story."

That doesn't stop Rick from holding up Jay's book and holding the Lutzes' accountable for its discrepancies.

And that is dishonest.
Well, (pretty much) you seem to toss Rick under the bus on the same kind of thing for "discrepancies" when George (in previous note) changed it to a marching band later on to make his answers quicker for interviews. That is not a big deal to me though it would still be inaccurate on George's part by not sticking with his original claim.

One thing I'll ask you is how do you know George & Kathy were telling the truth about their claims? What convinces you even though none of it can be proven? And yes, they do have inaccuracies in their own claims as I have pointed out in here.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:32 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:33 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Just like the press conference they attended with Weber but claimed they never called it. So? They were their with him and involved with him at that time!
Well, with both of these issues it's all in the details -

Weber called the press conference when the Lutzes were losing interest in working with him - maybe even after they refused to sign his contract because Ronnie DeFeo signed it too.

They only attended because of his threat the press would come after them anyway - even via their kids - it was a bluff, but they had less than a day to think it over.

Now, you might not believe the Lutzes, and think they were up for that conference anyway - but there's more to it than them just being "involved with Weber at the time".

Also, if they happy to do the conference, why did they refuse all press interviews for days, weeks, months afterwards?

Mentally Ill in Amityville - the author arrived on this forum having already completed his book. People started buying digital copies and immediately reporting inaccuracies.

I had ordered a print copy, and by the time it arrived, the author had decided to take it off the market and deal with the corrections at some point.

I made notes as I read it - some of which had already been spotted - and sent him the list. Initially he was working on another project, and said his re-write would be months away, but upon getting the list he was eager to make the corrections, and gave me a PDF of the new version to go over, complete with my name in the new intro.

Now, as I had just read the book, and he wasn't planning on re-releasing it for a while, I put the pdf to one side... However, about 2 weeks later or so, he put the new version on the market anyway!

So no, I did not read the version with my name in it, although I'm still glad I helped clear up the errors in the first version.

To my shame I've still not read the final version - I think he had to pay every time he corrected the book, so this would be the "final" version anyway, even if I disagreed with one or two things. So if you still think they are some howlers in there, let me know!
I didn't say the Lutzes were happy to attend the press conference or they were up for it, just said they attended it. As for the kids being hounded by the press, I answered (corrected) you once on this matter and the reasons why they avoided the press afterwards. Wouldn't sit well at that time to reveal they would be working with a new author and they're "breaching" of contract with Weber, even though they didn't sign. Lawsuits, yes they eventually began.

I guess you should've looked at the pdf. Lol, he put it back on the market pretty quick huh? I have the version with your name in it so I guess that's the new version?

Obviously you don't agree with his insinuating on Dawn's involvement in the murders? I just reopened the book, going to have a good time breaking this down as I already saw some goodies to get into!

It says right in the intro that with your help and another administrator on this board, Savive was able to create a very accurate book! But if you (sherbetto) haven't read it guess I can't point my finger at you? Psst, shades of Anson and The Lutzes. And Dan is Savive referring to you? :P

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:00 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:55 pm
Well, (pretty much) you seem to toss Rick under the bus on the same kind of thing for "discrepancies" when George (in previous note) changed it to a marching band later on to make his answers quicker for interviews. That is not a big deal to me though it would still be inaccurate on George's part by not sticking with his original claim.
So you count that as a discrepancy? George sometimes referring to the musical sounds (and multiple footsteps) as a marching band? Seems a pretty apt description to me. He said it kinda sounded like multiple musicians tuning up.
jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:55 pm
One thing I'll ask you is how do you know George & Kathy were telling the truth about their claims?
You know, there is something really wrong with you. I don't know how many times I've told you that I don't know if the haunting was real or not. Get it through your f*cking head.
jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:32 pm
It says right in the intro that with your help and another administrator on this board, Savive was able to create a very accurate book! But if you (sherbetto) haven't read it guess I can't point my finger at you? Psst, shades of Anson and The Lutzes. And Dan is Savive referring to you?
I don't recall helping Savive at all. Savive is a hack. For his book, all he did was to rip stuff off (sometimes verbatim) from this very board, from MY website, from Ric Osuna's stupid book and elsewhere on the internet.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:26 pm

No, there is nothing wrong with me, rather it seems there is something wrong with you? I just asked you a question on why do you believe their claims (story). You proceed to fly off the handle about getting it through my F-ing head :lol: that you have always stated that you don't know if the haunting was real or not? Yet, you've spent years trying to oppose the debunkers and skeptics with your original claims jargon and your own break-downs of trying to keep the arguments in favor of the Lutzes, etc. Fine, but you seem to lean towards pro-haunting but toss out the "I don't know if I believe in the haunting"- "room for doubt" and the kicker you told me recently, "I don't know why I believe it"????? WHEW

You got me? But you see right there, that's the problem with fence-sitters! Even with ALL the info and "FACTS" they have to dig into, they still remain uncertain about what they believe or are trying to pass off as "truth". They slip up and the cracks start appearing and that's where I come in. No doubt about it.

Dan, I'll help you out here, You can't get a little bit pregnant. Meditate on this.

Yes I agree with you on Savive. At times when I read his book I have to remind myself that I didn't mistakenly pick up Osuna's book. I guess he was referring to another admin on here?

Dominus vobiscum Et cum spiritu tuo

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:49 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:32 pm
I have the version with your name in it so I guess that's the new version?
Yeah.
Obviously you don't agree with his insinuating on Dawn's involvement in the murders?
Nope, so it's a little disappointing the intro may make it sound I'm down with the whole book!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm

I wasn't "flying off the handle," but I realize it's hard to judge someone's temperament via the written word.

It was just that you keep asking me variations of the same f*cking question, and it's irritating. It makes it seem like you are a troll, just here to play your silly games.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:26 pm
you've spent years trying to oppose the debunkers and skeptics with your original claims jargon and your own break-downs of trying to keep the arguments in favor of the Lutzes, etc.
You are forgetting two of my main "breakdowns" which actually go the other way. I have spent a lot of time debunking the ghost boy photo, and I have spent a lot of time saying how I feel the Warrens were frauds.

Both of those go AGAINST the haunting (or, as you put it, "the Lutzes, etc"). But since that doesn't fit into your argument, you conveniently overlook them.

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:26 pm
that's the problem with fence-sitters! Even with ALL the info and "FACTS" they have to dig into, they still remain uncertain about what they believe or are trying to pass off as "truth". They slip up and the cracks start appearing and that's where I come in. No doubt about it.
And there we have it again. Once more, you claim that I am trying to push some sort of agenda upon everyone. Damn. It's getting old, dude. You keep coming back with the same bullsh*t, over and over.

I am here to find out the truth. Unfortunately, I realize that this is most like impossible (how does one prove a haunting was real when we can't even prove that ghosts are real?) Sound familiar? Should be. I've probably told this to you a few times already.

A lot of what I argue about does seem to typically be about the various hoax claims against the Lutzes. Of which, the majority seem to be hastily thought-out and downright stupid. But if you'll notice, a lot of times, I'm simply responding with "well, George said this about that." That's just me giving the other side of the story. If you want to believe it or not, whatever.

Again, to me, the name "Truth Board" means "uncovering the truth." That's why I put the silhouette of Sherlock Holmes in the logo, to give folks the idea that we are here to investigate the stories. "Truth" doesn't mean "I'm here to tell you the truth and you're gonna shut up and listen." I mean, yeah, if I believe something, I'll argue my case. But that doesn't mean I'm the final word on anything (nor do I pretend to be)...

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Yes, the bottom line is we’ll never know what happened as we weren’t there. All anyone can do is speculate. I like reading all the different points of view.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:45 pm
Yes, the bottom line is we’ll never know what happened as we weren’t there. All anyone can do is speculate. I like reading all the different points of view.
You have the Lutzes claims as to what happened. If that's not good enough for you or others then I don't know why one would bother to speculate on what happened? If you're having trouble believing their claims, you must see something "doubtful" with the whole thing. Once again we do know what happened there IF they were telling the truth?

If they were not telling the truth, then yes one could speculate all kinds of theories about why?

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:54 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
You have the Lutzes claims as to what happened. If that's not good enough for you or others then I don't know why one would bother to speculate on what happened? If you're having trouble believing their claims, you must see something "doubtful" with the whole thing. Once again we do know what happened there IF they were telling the truth?

If they were not telling the truth, then yes one could speculate all kinds of theories about why?
It’s hard to know what to think entirely because we hear so many other versions of events.

Also there’s always a possibility that in their mind things played out a certain way but the psyche can play tricks in high anxiety situations.

And of course there is the possibility of a hoax.

Or the possibility everything they said is true and the ones with different versions of events are the ones not being honest. It’s impossible to prove it one way or the other.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:54 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:

It’s hard to know what to think entirely because we hear so many other versions of events.
Yes, they themselves have different versions.
Also there’s always a possibility that in their mind things played out a certain way but the psyche can play tricks in high anxiety situations.
Well if it was in their minds then it was imagined. The psyche or anxiety has nothing to do with a haunting.
And of course there is the possibility of a hoax.
uh huh
Or the possibility everything they said is true and the ones with different versions of events are the ones not being honest. It’s impossible to prove it one way or the other.
If they can't get it right, who can?