Please lay the Amityville Horror Franchise to rest!

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
geremi70
Amityville Member

Please lay the Amityville Horror Franchise to rest!

Post by geremi70 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Ever since the Original Amityville Horror came out in 1979 until now, none of it's sequels are watchable or attained the caliber of fright and dread confined within a home after a massacre took place, and new residents occupying the property endured soon after. The only exception was Amityville 2: The Possession, but that's because the writers took liberty with the storyline and the characters to create fright , chaos, and family dissensions after buying a house that was infested by demons. Amityville 2: The Possession is the only movie out of the entire franchise that actually stood the test of time, along the haunting soundtrack composed by Lalo Schifrin. The Excorcist rip-off some reviews have stated, but any horror movies that involved demonic possession after 1973 would be called The Exorcist rip-off, no doubt about it.

[link to possible stream of "The Amityville Murders" removed by moderator]

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Re: Please lay the Amityville Horror Franchise to rest!

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 am

That's your opinion, but it's one thats not shared at least among intelligent people.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:44 pm

I dislike the Amityville sequels, too; but I also was very disappointed in the original film. Having read the book before the film was made, I was very unhappy that my favorite "scenes" from the book did not appear in the movie -- such as the visiting relative who wakes up in the middle of the night to find the little ghost boy sitting on the edge of her bed, or the cloaked figure standing on the staircase as the family are attempting to flee.

And yes, you make a good point about any film dealing with possession after 1972 being labeled as a rip-off of "The Exorcist." Although most of those were intended to be rip-offs of "The Exorcist," I believe. Films wanting to cash-in on that Exorcist wave.

I don't think Amityville II was one of those, but who knows...

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:28 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 am
That's your opinion, but it's one thats not shared at least among intelligent people.
Why do you have to be so rude?

You obviously have a different opinion but there's no need to insult someone's intelligence. What has cleverness (or alleged lack of) got to do with opinions on movies?

My own two cents: Everything after the first two movies is pretty much trash. The original is kind of dull to be honest, but the way the house was made to seem so alive was genius. The Possession was trash but atleast it was creepy, atmospheric trash. Still find the murder scene hard to watch.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:10 am

Sorry, how can anyone say 3D or 4 are bad movies?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Remember this post from a few months back, when you were complaining about others being insulting? You didn't like being insulted. So why insult others? Especially a brand new user that you don't even have a history with yet. Just because they don't like the same movie that you did?
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 pm
freddyfender72 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:18 pm
So the board was down??? I would assume the overwhelming majority of the regulars have lives and were NOT losing their minds because the board was offline. They simply checked in every now and then to see if the board was up and running once again. This forum is what it is, and that saying it's NOT LIFE CHANGING OR ALTERING IN ANY WAY. It's an interest to some or maybe some might call it an obsession to a very few select individuals . That being said if things like this happen and it truly upsets, worries or causes you to think the keys or regions to an I internet forum should be given to you personally, IT TRULY IS TIME TO PRIORITIZE YOUR LIFE. If the whole Amityville saga/topic or whatever you prefer to call it is that vitally important start your own board. Believe it or.not there are Amityville forums on Facebook that are three times more active than this forum. I do not say that to upset the owner, the regulars or the certain individual who seems to feel he should run the show. If you do a little research maybe your obsession could be fed more proactively by spending your free time on those forums then here. Just a thought about life in general and that I would dare say ninety nine percent of online people who are interested in the Amityville topic would agree with. That one percent whose life is completely and utterly is devoted to Amityville 24/7 and has no other life are not here, they are in fact on these Facebook forums.
Way to go to be insulting.

The ironic thing is we're on a discussion forum about a haunting when you're saying this. You shouldn't be talking down to anyone.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm
Remember this post from a few months back, when you were complaining about others being insulting? You didn't like being insulted. So why insult others? Especially a brand new user that you don't even have a history with yet. Just because they don't like the same movie that you did?
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 pm
freddyfender72 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:18 pm
So the board was down??? I would assume the overwhelming majority of the regulars have lives and were NOT losing their minds because the board was offline. They simply checked in every now and then to see if the board was up and running once again. This forum is what it is, and that saying it's NOT LIFE CHANGING OR ALTERING IN ANY WAY. It's an interest to some or maybe some might call it an obsession to a very few select individuals . That being said if things like this happen and it truly upsets, worries or causes you to think the keys or regions to an I internet forum should be given to you personally, IT TRULY IS TIME TO PRIORITIZE YOUR LIFE. If the whole Amityville saga/topic or whatever you prefer to call it is that vitally important start your own board. Believe it or.not there are Amityville forums on Facebook that are three times more active than this forum. I do not say that to upset the owner, the regulars or the certain individual who seems to feel he should run the show. If you do a little research maybe your obsession could be fed more proactively by spending your free time on those forums then here. Just a thought about life in general and that I would dare say ninety nine percent of online people who are interested in the Amityville topic would agree with. That one percent whose life is completely and utterly is devoted to Amityville 24/7 and has no other life are not here, they are in fact on these Facebook forums.
Way to go to be insulting.

The ironic thing is we're on a discussion forum about a haunting when you're saying this. You shouldn't be talking down to anyone.
Sorry, I didn't call anyone anything. Plus, this doesn't really address the topic at hand about Amityville sequels.