Spend the night in Amityville...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am

So any news? Is October 6th and nothing new, do you have a demo or something for us in the future?
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Postby Crash » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 am

LoverKoalas23 wrote:So any news? Is October 6th and nothing new, do you have a demo or something for us in the future?

Progress is slow again at the moment,limited free time to work on the project.There has been some background development but nothing visual for posting,the further into development it gets the more common this will be since there's a good deal of technical work ahead. The chances of there being a demo as I said before are slim simply due to the limited environment it would have to be something self contained and making a demo is time consuming in itself.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/
Crash
Amityville Addict

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Found a very useful page, it contain a lot of photos inside the house. I don't know if you see them all but it can help you with some locations of the house. https://amityvillemurders.com/the-defeo ... e-gallery/
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Got few questions Crash. In-game you will be able to interact with more objects than windows, drawers or lights? Like open the fridge, turn on one radio (if there's one of course) turn or tv or things like that? Also you will be able to pick up small objects like plates or glasses? And for last one, the game will be lineal like, you go to point A to B, find a key or stuff like that? Or there will be missions like: Explore the house and when you go to the basement and the door close and appears a ghost or a monster (don't know what are the enemies) or when you go upstairs and the lights from the first floor turn off, or when you go to Mark and John bedrooms you hear a laugh and the door closes. Things like that would be cool instead of lineal jumpscares. Hope the game will have psychological horror too.
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Postby Crash » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:58 pm

LoverKoalas23 wrote:Got few questions Crash. In-game you will be able to interact with more objects than windows, drawers or lights? Like open the fridge, turn on one radio (if there's one of course) turn or tv or things like that? Also you will be able to pick up small objects like plates or glasses? And for last one, the game will be lineal like, you go to point A to B, find a key or stuff like that? Or there will be missions like: Explore the house and when you go to the basement and the door close and appears a ghost or a monster (don't know what are the enemies) or when you go upstairs and the lights from the first floor turn off, or when you go to Mark and John bedrooms you hear a laugh and the door closes. Things like that would be cool instead of lineal jumpscares. Hope the game will have psychological horror too.

Currently in the game almost everything is interactive and already setup and fully working - lights,drawers,cabinets,fridge,phones etc and you can pick up certain items and look at them closer.It's semi linear gameplay,only a handful of areas are locked initially e.g the basement. There are already some elements added that trigger based on player interaction,timings etc these will be added to and expanded when the house is finished and I'm working more on the gameplay.
Crash
Amityville Addict

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 am

Crash wrote:
LoverKoalas23 wrote:Got few questions Crash. In-game you will be able to interact with more objects than windows, drawers or lights? Like open the fridge, turn on one radio (if there's one of course) turn or tv or things like that? Also you will be able to pick up small objects like plates or glasses? And for last one, the game will be lineal like, you go to point A to B, find a key or stuff like that? Or there will be missions like: Explore the house and when you go to the basement and the door close and appears a ghost or a monster (don't know what are the enemies) or when you go upstairs and the lights from the first floor turn off, or when you go to Mark and John bedrooms you hear a laugh and the door closes. Things like that would be cool instead of lineal jumpscares. Hope the game will have psychological horror too.

Currently in the game almost everything is interactive and already setup and fully working - lights,drawers,cabinets,fridge,phones etc and you can pick up certain items and look at them closer.It's semi linear gameplay,only a handful of areas are locked initially e.g the basement. There are already some elements added that trigger based on player interaction,timings etc these will be added to and expanded when the house is finished and I'm working more on the gameplay.

That is just awesome. With every update or image, im more impatient for this game!
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Crash I have two questions for you, maybe they are gonna be kinda weird for you but im very curious. The first one is why do you put the teaser trailer and the 360 video private on YouTube? And the second one is what happened to that proyect that you were working on before this, the "Jurassic Park Game" did you have problems with the copyright? Or you just decided work in this because you liked more and found it more interesting and fun?
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Postby Crash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:09 pm

I setup a new channel for the Amityville project and uploaded the videos there instead and will add future videos to that.
My previous project was a a while ago now,different game engine and never a game/commercial project.
Still no progress to report,was hoping to get a Halloween update but too much work so not had any time.
Crash
Amityville Addict

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi crash. I noticed that Unreal Engine 4 posted an update about lighting so, I wonder if you are gonna change something in the game about the lighting? And did they posted an update about optimization?
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Postby Vlad » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:18 am

Impressive, most impressive. But no red room?
Vlad
Amityville Addict

Postby Crash » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 pm

LoverKoalas23 wrote:Hi crash. I noticed that Unreal Engine 4 posted an update about lighting so, I wonder if you are gonna change something in the game about the lighting? And did they posted an update about optimization?

The engine has updated a few times,I need to catch up to the latest though - sometimes and engine update can cause bugs in the game so it's a whole process to go through.

Vlad wrote:Impressive, most impressive. But no red room?

The red room is actually there,not quite finished though.
Crash
Amityville Addict

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Would be nice a quick update.
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Postby Crash » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Will be soon,been working hard on it for the last week. Mostly game-play now so there isn't a lot of visual updates since the focus has been plotting out the start of the game.
Crash
Amityville Addict

Postby Crash » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Here's a couple of screenshots of what I'm working on,finished the garage and also the boat house and a little look at the red room.
You might notice the shots have some slight fuzziness,that's a 70's style effect I've been working on a little.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Postby LoverKoalas23 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:39 am

Those pics looks awesome! Can't wait for this game, I know there still a lot of time until at least a release date but with every image you post it get better!
LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Previous

Return to Amityville Discussion