new Amityville film "1974"

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

new Amityville film "1974"

Postby michaelmadness » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:51 pm

michaelmadness
Amityville Member

Re: new Amityville film "1974"

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:42 am

michaelmadness wrote:http://variety.com/2017/film/news/amityville-horror-film-1974-broad-green-1202493766/

It would be nice to see an Amityville-themed movie with a decent story line and some decent acting. I give every proposed movie project the benefit of the doubt until it finally gets released and the final judgement is made. I guess I am getting more tolerant in my old age.

Although what sounds particularly interesting from the above article is the film based on the '1974 events at a rural house in Amityville, N.Y.' and how Jay Anson's book The Amityville Horror 'detailed a family moving into the house (and) leaving a week later'.

Although I think unless Amityville was on Mercury a week could actually be a month or time is measured in dog's years, or it is an example of the Mandeal Effect where realities are starting to slowly diverge, I think the most plausible explanation would be lazy 'cut and paste' journalism we have all disturbingly become used to.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby michaelmadness » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:24 am

Agree. You'd think that they would do a little fact-checking first. Unless I'm wrong, Amityville hasn't been rural in a few centuries.

Personally, I think it would be interesting to see the narrrative told from multiple points of view (such as Dawn Defeo's and the other children's). In the History Channel doc from 2000, Kathy Lutz described her family's experience as a "three-ring circus" with everyone going through his or her own version of the ordeal. Maybe that would make for a more terrifying (or at least more involving) story.

But yes, some good storytelling, some decent acting...please.

Brendan72 wrote:
michaelmadness wrote:http://variety.com/2017/film/news/amityville-horror-film-1974-broad-green-1202493766/

It would be nice to see an Amityville-themed movie with a decent story line and some decent acting. I give every proposed movie project the benefit of the doubt until it finally gets released and the final judgement is made. I guess I am getting more tolerant in my old age.

Although what sounds particularly interesting from the above article is the film based on the '1974 events at a rural house in Amityville, N.Y.' and how Jay Anson's book The Amityville Horror 'detailed a family moving into the house (and) leaving a week later'.

Although I think unless Amityville was on Mercury a week could actually be a month or time is measured in dog's years, or it is an example of the Mandeal Effect where realities are starting to slowly diverge, I think the most plausible explanation would be lazy 'cut and paste' journalism we have all disturbingly become used to.
michaelmadness
Amityville Member

Postby Ayko » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:57 pm

'Amityville 1974' from Broad Green Pictures (founded in 2014 and, of their 24 films released to date, still looking for their first non-flop) written and (to be, if ever,) directed by Casey La Scala, one of the producers of Amityville: The Awakening. Need I say more?!
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Amit Y Ville » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 am

Ayko wrote:'Amityville 1974' from Broad Green Pictures (founded in 2014 and, of their 24 films released to date, still looking for their first non-flop) written and (to be, if ever,) directed by Casey La Scala, one of the producers of Amityville: The Awakening. Need I say more?!

Coming soon in September 2075.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:47 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Ayko wrote:'Amityville 1974' from Broad Green Pictures (founded in 2014 and, of their 24 films released to date, still looking for their first non-flop) written and (to be, if ever,) directed by Casey La Scala, one of the producers of Amityville: The Awakening. Need I say more?!

I will be just over 103 years old ... and assuming I will be of good health time will be precious and be in no mood to waste it watching a horror movie.

- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Ayko » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Brendan72 wrote:I will be just over 103 years old ... and assuming I will be of good health time will be precious and be in no mood to waste it watching a horror movie.

No problem, no need for concern as we will get you all the teasers and a leaked copy of 'Amityville 1974' or link to streem it ahead of its official release date preceeded by delays before you reach three digits. In the meantime, remind yourself that 'Amityville: The Awakening' will have surely been released by then.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Ayko » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:

lol
I see they kept true to the 100th anniversary of the alleged hauntings with the Lutz clan. A1974, we must presume, is keeping with the DeFeo murders (November 1974) that has no witness to confirm any of Ronnie Jr's hundred different versions of the events that took place that November night. The rest of the year prior to that, Ronnie seems to have spent most of his time in New Jersey (with some girlfriend or alone) to avoid his father and their constant yelling (especially, perhaps, after Ronnie's sexual liason with sister Dawn was discovered by mom and dad). In that time, nothing of relevance took place (in Amityville) until the murders that nobody heard or saw. That is some premise for a story that is now verified to focus on all those (horrific and interesting) events of the year 1974 in Amityville, or make some up.
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:08 am

Ayko wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:I will be just over 103 years old ... and assuming I will be of good health time will be precious and be in no mood to waste it watching a horror movie.

No problem, no need for concern as we will get you all the teasers and a leaked copy of 'Amityville 1974' or link to streem it ahead of its official release date preceeded by delays before you reach three digits. In the meantime, remind yourself that 'Amityville: The Awakening' will have surely been released by then.

Actually I was referring mostly to 'Amityville: The Awakening'. But also any other horror movie.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Ayko » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:41 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Ayko wrote:

Actually I was referring mostly to 'Amityville: The Awakening'. But also any other horror movie.

...and have no sense of humor.
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:24 am

Ayko wrote:...and have no sense of humor.

Or maybe I missed the over-subtleties of your statement. Or just didn't really care. Take your pick.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Ayko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:06 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Ayko wrote:...and have no sense of humor.

Or maybe I missed the over-subtleties of your statement. Or just didn't really care. Take your pick.

...Or the third option that you are too arrogant and, after dispensing of option one (your sarcastic rejection of my friendly humor) and option two (your hate comment 'just don't really care' but still immaturely comment on it like you do care) we are left with the third option you forgot to mention. I was just being friendly. Won't happen again (with you)!
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Return to Amityville Discussion